• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin Bible Ridge church course gets concrete tees!

The tee boxes really were the worst part about this course. Once they get some concrete in there I can see myself playing this course a lot more since that was really the only thing deterring me.

update:

houck is in charge of all this :) there will be long and short tees,and all refreshing design. houcks words were "if you liked the course before,you will love it after" he says hes planning on taking this course to the next level and concrete tees are phase one

too happy!

update:

houck is in charge of all this :) there will be long and short tees,and all refreshing design. houcks words were "if you liked the course before,you will love it after" he says hes planning on taking this course to the next level and concrete tees are phase one

too happy!

Give a tough job to the best in the business. Knowing John, he wouldn't remove any vegetation that didn't have to come out. I really like to play courses that he's designed.

Any word on if the course is open? On the main DGCR page it says closed till 7/9/2012. Sounds awesome that they're planning on improving the course even beyond the concrete tees. I love playing this course and I'd love to see it fulfill its potential.

A great course gets even better :thmbup:

The rain has held up construction of tee pads, but several holes do now have long and short pads.

Subsequent improvements will include opening some new routes, widening a few fairways in key spots, and leveling key landing areas and greens. Slicemaster said it best...

Attachments

• Hole 16 Tee Pad small.jpg
    Hole 16 Tee Pad small.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Hole 1 Tee Pad small.jpg
    Hole 1 Tee Pad small.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 21
thank you john for all your work! its amazing at what little things you can do to improve a course so much more. looking forward to playing it when its all done. thanks again john. that gem is very deserving of concrete tees

This is one of my favorite courses. It looks like I will be making another trip to Austin soon. Thanks Mr. Houck.