• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to draw a parallel. I see them as clearly distinct, but it's more of a matter of viewing disc golf as a 3-disc endeavor and I want one driver--Teebird.

I love how straight the Crave is. I can't believe how far I threw it tonight. Ok, I can. It just went Destroyer far, that's all. Badass disc. I could easily see a three disc bag with Crave as the driver (period).

It's got legs, for sure. I compare it to the early SE Teebirds - which were the precursor to the TL. Teebirds - at least the ones I've thrown - all had more beef. I keep waiting for an actual Teebird to pair with the Crave - Servo wasn't it. Volt's a Teebird3.

It's got legs, for sure. I compare it to the early SE Teebirds - which were the precursor to the TL. Teebirds - at least the ones I've thrown - all had more beef. I keep waiting for an actual Teebird to pair with the Crave - Servo wasn't it. Volt's a Teebird3.

I'm not an MVP guru (used to be a bit years ago)...is the Volt not longer and has more fade than a Teebird? More Thunderbird like? The four or five I've thrown were that way

I'm not an MVP guru (used to be a bit years ago)...is the Volt not longer and has more fade than a Teebird? More Thunderbird like? The four or five I've thrown were that way

I think he means the crave... I don't get that, I would say the Volt is a straight up teebird ripoff, just like you said, long, a little more turn resistant but can be straight with a defined fade. I had a magic teebird once a 155 champ and a beat Tye dye impossible to find 174... I I would totally compare them to my magic volts (domey 172 fr, domey 165n etc). But a bunch of the volts that were real stable ones. A bunch of the craves I have are actually harder to throw except for the eclipse SE.

I think that's where power level and the threshold to get it moving really come into play. I let Wolfie throw my crave and holy crap that was impressive, straight laser/ no fade. Also not my usual experience but I'm topping out at probably 330' these days.

Last edited:
I miss Craves, the plussy rim messes with my FH release angles though:( (for some reason I easily adjusted BH)

You know how a disc kind of winks at you and says, 'yeah, you know you wanna throw me'. Like a temptress in the night! Does she not respect this ring on my finger?

Are the Hokom tour series Craves different … flatter, more OS, etc?

I have couple of Neutron's and love them. Basically 300' lasers.

Only seen a few in person but they looked like pretty much every other Crave. Well, except for the stamp of course.

I think he means the crave... I don't get that, I would say the Volt is a straight up teebird ripoff, just like you said, long, a little more turn resistant but can be straight with a defined fade.

Let's compare PDGA stats instead of talking out our ----- like a bunch of boomers...

Volt:

Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.1cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 28.25
Flexibility: 10.09kg

Crave:

Height: 1.4cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 1.8cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.4cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 27.75
Flexibility: 9.98kg

Teebird 3:

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.5cm
Rim Configuration: 29.25
Flexibility: 9.41kg

Thunderbird:

Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.3cm
Rim Configuration: 31.00
Flexibility: 6.46kg

Teebird:

Height: 1.5cm
Rim Thickness: 1.7cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.8cm
Rim Configuration: 29.25
Flexibility: 7.83kg

Teebird L

Inside Rim Diameter: 17.5cm
Rim Configuration: 33.00
Flexibility: 12.25kg

Again, my finding is the Crave is most like the Teebird L - or for us old farts, the SE Teebird. Great long distance fairway or line shaper - but not a wind disc. The Volt's rim thickness and inside Rim diameter puts it more in the range of the Thunderbird - not the Teebird. I can't say I've ever thrown a Thunderbird.

Anyway, I've long argued that MVP was missing a Teebird in it's line-up. If the Servo were about .2cm taller, it'd probably fill that role. All that said - I'm hopeful one of the upcoming fairways fills that role. We'll see:

Cypher:

Inside Rim Diameter: 17.6cm
Rim Configuration: 31.00
Flexibility: 11.25kg

Rhythm:

Inside Rim Diameter: 17.6cm
Rim Configuration: 30.25
Flexibility: 11.93kg

Last edited:
I like it.. "Just the facts ma'an"

Haha I should check my plh's as well. Haha I had awful luck with my one servo as well, super beefy. I've had Teebird and Volts that ran the full gamut of stability... I think MVPs new molding is going to be more consistent and true to the mold, whatever that means. I still regret not fishing that teebird out of the yard when the machine showed up to build the burm, but I thought it was my leopard haha. It's buried under there somewhere! The ultimate sacrifice. And the other one I lost at the airport....

Again, my finding is the Crave is most like the Teebird L - or for us old farts, the SE Teebird. Great long distance fairway or line shaper - but not a wind disc. The Volt's rim thickness and inside Rim diameter puts it more in the range of the Thunderbird - not the Teebird. I can't say I've ever thrown a Thunderbird.

Anyway, I've long argued that MVP was missing a Teebird in it's line-up. If the Servo were about .2cm taller, it'd probably fill that role. All that said - I'm hopeful one of the upcoming fairways fills that role. We'll see:
I don't own a Volt, but have thrown one my buddy has back to back with my Thunderbird. They have virtually the same flight and very similar feel. Outside of the Envy, I think these two molds are the best new molds in the last 10 years. So you are correct, the Volt is definitely not a Teebird. You could potentially throw it in the Teebird slot, but it is noticeably faster as you would expect with the rim width difference.

In my limited experience with the Servo, it's more like a fresh Champion Eagle. Has a bit of turn and then a dumpy fade.

In my limited experience with the Servo, it's more like a fresh Champion Eagle. Has a bit of turn and then a dumpy fade.

I would agree 100% with you there. A Teebird doesn't turn. I'll just add - the Servos i've thrown had zero wind resistance. I'd throw them out here on the prairie holes and watch them flip in a cross like they were -4. Really reliable woods driver - but not different enough for me to carry them and craves - and the crave has other uses on an open course.

Watermelon Jolly Rancher to start the weekend

Attachments

• 9A546669-584B-402F-96AB-6957E5CE3CB5.jpg
    9A546669-584B-402F-96AB-6957E5CE3CB5.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 31
Meant to drop this in the Hex thread. Apologies. Crave coming Monday.

That's cool dude, still a sweet looking disc... and you already posted that yesterday so :) oops. But not?! Haha it's cool

Yeah i never picked up the crave love, I tried some people have had great results with em. I had a totally different experience with the Servo. Didn't help that it came warped, didn't help that I'm old.... Not baggage.. Haha baggable.. It's baggage dumped it like a plasma tesla, not for me, "thank you come again!"

The eclipse's still sit around for night rounds that I barely play :D but hey glow gyro is glow gyro...

Last edited:
Hey nm$ the timestamp adds up haha I just didn't check this thread... who throws a crave anyhow

I'm like 8 beers in$$ Who Wants a Scrap!!?

Are the Hokom tour series Craves different … flatter, more OS, etc?

I have couple of Neutron's and love them. Basically 300' lasers.

For me the Hokom craves are pretty normal craves. If you're looking for a more OS crave, you want a cosmic neutron.