• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

How many putt putt with a Proxy?

I see comment above about how it isn't a putting putter but I started using it as such about a month ago and putting better than ever. Granted I'm also playing more than ever before so that could just be getting in more rounds too, lol. Or maybe it is style?

I think most of the "proxy isn't a putting putter" stuff is due to it being only in premium for the first 4yrs its been available. I probably would have putted with a Proxy since it came out if it was in the electron back then. I like a low profile putting putter though, a lot of people don't. I use the Pilot now which has a similar hand feel and flight.

I like a low profile putting putter though, a lot of people don't. I use the Pilot now which has a similar hand feel and flight.

The low profile is something I think I've probably gravitated to for a lot of discs. In the MVP/Axiom/? I first got an Ohm and used it for upshots and liked it a lot, so then grabbed a Reactor for a midrange, which I also like a lot. So I tried the Proxy and Envy next and putted with all the putters I had on hand (Deputy, Judge, Aviar, Pure, etc. I think I probably have a dozen different putters) and the Proxy just seemed to feel like the most comfortable.

Maybe it was the profile, I need to start paying attention to disc heights, rim depth or whatever to see what it is I like I suppose.

Still can't decide between the Ohm and Envy for upshots. Ohm flies straighter for me but the Envy has a nice little hook at the end that seems dependable.

But putter wise, think I'm sticking with the Proxy for awhile. I had been putting with the Deputy before and Banger GT before that but seem to do better with the Proxy.

the proxy makes a good putter. reliably straight with nice glide. I've used mine a lot after upshots when I was too lazy to grab my Ion. I putt with Ions but the Proxy is my second favorite putting putter from mvp/axiom.

I love the shallow feel with the Proxy/Envy and using them (beginning with the Envy) improved my putting. Omega's and Banger GT's never clicked because they were deeper than the original Aviar P&A's and Millenium Omega AP I used in the day...

The other aspect that I consider using the MVP/AXIOM is the overmold gives me a feeling of improved Durability. I am confident that my putters will endure longer in flight characteristics than my older putters that lost some stability over time. I know this is my perception, but Putting is a head game.

I recently bought a neutron and electron proxy and I was excited for something that was straight if not slightly US. For me the flight had resembled my ions more than I expected from the tee. They feel very stable at high speed with little fade at the end. Is this normal? I don't claim to be some monster arm with perfect form but usually all my discs under speed 10-11 throw as expected but this one kind of surprised me. I like it enough to keep it in the bag and use ions for putting only, but I was looking for something smooth with glide and a nice right fade without having to really rip it hard

I recently bought a neutron and electron proxy... straight if not slightly US.
My Proxys fly the way you want. I have Cosmic Electrons and Soft Neutron. They are a decent complement to my Comets.

The Cosmic Electrons started out more stable than I expected and all my other plastics are older runs. I'm not sure how the newer runs are acting.

Hey I'm looking at possibly bagging a sleek, straight putter to bridge the gap between my Wizards and Buzzzes.

Essentially I like the idea of something less power hungry than a buzzz, but still a little longer on lower lines and straighter than a Wizard.

It comes down to either a Comet for me (a distinct possibility) or one of either a Proxy or Atom.

The Envy would have too much fade and fly too much like a fresh Wizard for this slot. The Proxy, I have a big stack of and am quite familiar with. I wonder though, is the Atom a touch faster than the Proxy? Does it still have that same magic HSS with very little LSS? I like the idea of being able to throw a bit of a lofted anny that does not die like a Buzzz when you throw it with too much nose up, but rather largely hold the angle to the ground.

...I think actually the choice is clear that why would I go anywhere but the Proxy for this shot if I'm going to litter my bag with extra molds anyway. Anyone think of a good reason to pick up a couple Atoms to test?

Atoms differ from the Proxy in my experience mostly because they preform best in the base plastic.

An electron Atom starts out a just a little less stable than an Envy and beats into this glidy fast putter you can manipulate on so many lines.

The Proxy is like a slightly less glidy version of that out of the box and in premium plastic doesn't change for a very long time.

They feel super similar and a really both great. If you don't mind a cycle and want more HSS go Atom, you just want one disc and don't care about the extra 15ft go Proxy.

What Moose said.... I had one electron Atom and it was very glidey and turny compared to my neutrons. I was thinking of suggesting the ohm but I think a proxy is more likely to hold that lofty anny for you... but for a tunnel shooter the Ohm is my straight envy, a touch of HSS and a tiny fade, it works good anhyzer for me but it takes a little more juice and height than the proxy to turn it and so far they are only in neutron unless you conside the pilot..

Atoms differ from the Proxy in my experience mostly because they preform best in the base plastic.

An electron Atom starts out a just a little less stable than an Envy and beats into this glidy fast putter you can manipulate on so many lines.

The Proxy is like a slightly less glidy version of that out of the box and in premium plastic doesn't change for a very long time.

They feel super similar and a really both great. If you don't mind a cycle and want more HSS go Atom, you just want one disc and don't care about the extra 15ft go Proxy.

For sure would want premium plastic, so I think the Proxy makes sense.

Ok, I know I'm late to the party on this.

I've recently been fiddling with some MVP/Axiom discs since I received a Relay as part of my PDGA package.

Figured I had tried almost every other big brand, might as well try these too.

I picked up some of these Electron Proxies to try.
All I can say is... Where have you been all my life?

With the Firm Electrons I am hitting the cage, pole or in the basket from out beyond circle 2 almost every throw.

I've been a decent circle 1 putter for some time now, but from outside circle 2?

I have been using a Zone to nestle those approach shots up under the basket, but why do that when I can run it with a very substantial success rate. The glide is low enough that a complete miss only drops 10-12 feet out so I can still drop the putt if I miss on the run.

Still learning to place full drives with the Proxy and Envy, getting better quickly.

But putting with the Proxy is perfect for my style of play.

I picked up 2 electron Proxys to test in the US putter slot against my Swan2s

I expect them to be a bit more OS (than the Swan2) to start out with and perhaps with a bit of low speed stability (that the Swan2 does not have)

I understood the "core" was the same as the Envy but these to me feel slightly shallower than the Envy (I could be wrong...maybe it's because my Envys are Neutron vs the Electron Proxys)

I picked up 2 electron Proxys to test in the US putter slot against my Swan2s

I expect them to be a bit more OS (than the Swan2) to start out with and perhaps with a bit of low speed stability (that the Swan2 does not have)

I understood the "core" was the same as the Envy but these to me feel slightly shallower than the Envy (I could be wrong...maybe it's because my Envys are Neutron vs the Electron Proxys)

The core is slightly rounded near the top inside corner or sloped slightly, you can see it if you check the cut away profile pic on the website. I had the same experience.

Same color

Anyone know where to find a stack of the same color electron firm proxies? I'm looking for near max weight electron firm plastic, but I was hoping to find them in the same color for practice putting. There are so many color combinations!

Last edited:
I have tried a range of the mvp/axiom putters.

Got rid of the Ion Anode Spin first, wrong for my hands.

This winter I pushed out the Envy, Atom, Nomad...

That leaves me with the Proxy.

Really enjoying this disc.

Putting Electrons.
(Won a little cash in putting league with them last week).

Throwing hard electrons & plasma.

I'm really anxious to try the new Eclipse.

Has anyone tried the Eclipse Proxy's yet?

I got lucky and had one in my gyropalooza box. No noticeable difference in flight compared to my plasma and neutron. If anything I think my plasma is the beefiest off the 3, and they're all fairly fresh.

I have tried a range of the mvp/axiom putters.

Got rid of the Ion Anode Spin first, wrong for my hands.

This winter I pushed out the Envy, Atom, Nomad...

That leaves me with the Proxy.

Really enjoying this disc.

Putting Electrons.
(Won a little cash in putting league with them last week).

Throwing hard electrons & plasma.

I'm really anxious to try the new Eclipse.

Has anyone tried the Eclipse Proxy's yet?

Should get mine in the mail today. It's raining all day though, so I won't be able to test it till tomorrow at the soonest. From everyone that's thrown the L2s though, they seem to be just like every other Proxy.

Hearing that the Eclipse is the same as other Proxy is great news! Thanks dehaas & zendragon.

There is a noticable difference to me between the Neutron & Eclipse Reactor, I was worried the Proxy might be the same. I like the Proxy exactly like it is.

Grabbed a couple of the Eclipse Proxy and a new Plasma Proxy a couple days ago. This recent Plasma run is consistent with my previous Plasma, and I can't really tell a definitive flight difference from the new Eclipse. I've putt with Plasma for a couple years and may end up putting with the Eclipse since they have a bit better grip for me.

Grabbed a couple of the Eclipse Proxy and a new Plasma Proxy a couple days ago. This recent Plasma run is consistent with my previous Plasma, and I can't really tell a definitive flight difference from the new Eclipse. I've putt with Plasma for a couple years and may end up putting with the Eclipse since they have a bit better grip for me.

I don't get the better grip with Eclipse thing. I hear a lot of people say it, but I don't really understand it. Does it feel softer than Plasma? I only have older Plasmas, which feel pretty tacky to me. But mainly throw Soft N, so it's definitely grippier.

Latest posts