• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Does the Proxy rim have some chunk to it? Something to grab onto? Thats one thing I really like about the Roach.

Yes. It *almost* feels and flies like a small diameter mid. Call it a speed 3.5, if you will.

The Proxy isn't really much of a putter. It's way too fast for that, it fades pretty hard when used for putting. It doesn't float like a putter. It likes flying low, fast lines like a driver

I definitely notice this when I try to putt with it. It's not that noticeable on drives and approaches for me. I feel like I can throw even short approach shots with lots of control.

To me, the proxy feels wider and shorter than the Envy, it feels almost "small mid" wide but that's all in my head. I agree with the feeling that it is more of a driving putter, loves a flat low line... my complaints with it were more short range like under 50' (and feel but I'm the only one haha so pay no attention)

I'm really curious to hear how the electron incarnation flies. I think it's going to work out real well for a lot of folks to bag a plasma or soft N and an electron... based off previous experience with Atoms and Envy's. It should increase its float and glide.

Last edited:
if you want a "faster Proxy", Should you choose a Tangent or a Axis?

Sort of yes, the Tangent is a great semi wind resistant flat and tunnel disc, I love the feel but it won't get you much more than 10-20' more than a proxy it's not real glidey. It would be redundant to bag both.. As a placement mid it's been good to me, I've kind of replaced my Tangents with an Ohm.

The Axis is beefier but with a bit of arm it will fly any line and it glides way better. By a bit of arm I'd say at least 340' + in power. It's more Buzzz like

Well, three rounds with my Proxy and it's gone. I was liking it for several shots but I was really digging it for dead straight forehand upshots. It's one of the few putters that I could actually forehand well. Making a longish upshot over water today and put it on a slight hyzer line like I would with the Envy but rather than hold the line it flipped up and went straight right out into the water.

Finished the round with just my Envy for my putter shots and didn't really miss the Proxy so I don't think I'll be replacing it. Honestly, I have an electron Envy that that pretty much flies like the Proxy did for me.

When the Proxy came out, I already had a beat in Envy, what the ad material claimed them to be, so I never bought one. Now Electron changes the game. I have been searching for the perfect turn over putter for the last 5 yeats; the Tui is as close as I have found.
Now if they will hurry and release in in Firm Electron, I can work on trashing one up right nice.

Anyone able to enlighten me on the differences between medium and regular electron for these? I'm trying to replace hard pures for putting

I definitely notice this when I try to putt with it. It's not that noticeable on drives and approaches for me. I feel like I can throw even short approach shots with lots of control.

Interesting to hear. I plan to give the Proxy a shot as my putting putter this weekend. I'm using soft electron Ions and I love them, but playing one disc rounds with my soft neutron proxy has shown me its a competent putting disc for my style.

Which plastic were you using? I'm hoping the soft electron version shows good enough glide for me to consider going back to two putter molds.

After a great round with my medium Electron Proxy, I have mixed feelings about it.

It goes really far. The glide is real. The plastic feels awesome. Everything is mostly great.

There were three main things I struggled with:
1 - I couldn't get a feel for when the turn would kick in. Sometimes it would hold a hyzer, sometimes it would stand up and glide straight for days when I wanted it to hold the hyzer.

2 - speaking of glide, I found this disc harder to range than my Neutron Proxy. I flew past the basket a few times.

3 - the soft Electron Proxy was only marginally softer than the medium. I was hoping for a really soft plastic like on my soft Pilots.

All in all, it's good and I'm looking forward to more rounds.

Any idea on how the soft electron beats in? Mine (172g) is only a touch less stable than my 172g neutron, which is deadly straight.

I took it out for a dog walk/field session today; got some really nice rips. It worked surprisingly well in a mild headwind; flipped up to flat and hyzered out at 280-300'. Flat release in the same wind got a late turn and finished to the right a couple times at 310-320'. Tailwinds it flew super straight with an elevator finish just slightly left. Between the electron and neutron I might be using my mids less often.

If you want a longer proxy check out an alias, they are OOP tho.

I second this. I love the Proxy though. I'll go for 10' shorter and more accuracy with my Proxy though. I replaced my Buzzz SS with my Proxy. The distance is near the same but I just feel much more accurate with the putter.

How many putt putt with a Proxy?

I see comment above about how it isn't a putting putter but I started using it as such about a month ago and putting better than ever. Granted I'm also playing more than ever before so that could just be getting in more rounds too, lol. Or maybe it is style?

How many putt putt with a Proxy?

I see comment above about how it isn't a putting putter but I started using it as such about a month ago and putting better than ever. Granted I'm also playing more than ever before so that could just be getting in more rounds too, lol. Or maybe it is style?

I putt with mine but I'm switching to the Envy for a bit more stability.