• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Buddy of mine has an eclipse he's been beating in for about a year and just getting two more neutral flight. I picked up a couple myself hoping for a little more stability, but the eclipse 2.0 seems to be really consistent in stability with my stock neutron.

Are any of their new putter releases using the same core as proxy/ envy with a stability that slots right between them?

I'm not sure what an Eclipse proxy flies like but the ohm is 2 5 0 1. I often compare it to a broken in envy, it has the same squared inner core.

My envy has been in my bag 8 years, I think it qualifies as seasoned. I got an ohm and proton atom to try out. Curious to see how they all compare.

I think it all depends on the run more than anything. I have FR Proton Envy that's still decently stable compared to some of the newer runs. My Soft N from last year flies really similar, but the Fissions I have, and the Soft P OTB are much more stable. I also have a PP Soft N that is beat but pretty stable. It's probably my favorite flier of all of my Envies, with the new Fissions a close second. Though I hate the way Fission feels.

Ohm seems to be a winner for the more stable proxy slot. Got more throwing putters than mids rn. Entropy, fresh envy, trusty old envy, ohm, proxy. There will be cuts, but bagging them all for now.

Anyone that's putted with the Proxy and Pilot for a period of time, can you tell me your thoughts between the two.

I'm not sure what an Eclipse proxy flies like but the ohm is 2 5 0 1. I often compare it to a broken in envy, it has the same squared inner core.
that's about how my eclipse proxy flies. they're a bit more os than my soft n's to the point I have no second thoughts about dropping the envy these days. Used to go back and forth on proxy/envy/entropy vs just proxy/entropy, not any more.

Not the best option for a truly neutral flight when brand new but great as the "OS" bookend to a cycle of proxies.

I would love to see the Proxy released in proton.

I use the Proxy every round as a thrower and putter.

I prefer Proton of all of their plastic. The modern grippy, slightly flexy proton.

Wait, it's not?

I haven't thrown one in years but I did have two of the watermelons, both of which were Proton.

I agree, across all companies I prefer Proton/Champion/Z for premium plastic. Most prefer Star/Neutron/ESP

There were the watermelons, and some Eclipse (which I have) which I think is a type of Proton, but no regular Protons. It doesn't make sense because I think it's the same core with the envy and atom, both of which are available in Proton. I would buy a stack.