• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis vs. Roc

Basically...

Axis - The straightest, most buttery smooth beat to straight Roc you've thrown, but stays at that stability longer and is like that from throw one.

Vector - Fresh max weight KC Pro Roc, but a pinch faster and more durable.

Both glide better than premium Rocs are able to.

Rocs are one of my favorite discs of all time and I would go back to them immediately if MVP mids stopped existing, but I feel the Roc has been surpassed.

The Axis will beat into a beautiful turnover mid, but you're looking at 8-12 months typical use before you'll see that happen. Domey Axis starts true stable, pancake flat Axis starts with around -.25 high speed stability, so pick a flat to beat if that's what you want, and pick domey if you want a mid you can rip hard and flat and have it glide dead straight the entire flight.

That's all fine and dandy but why would you add more molds to the equation to achieve things you're already able to do with current discs.

Sometimes more molds works better than less.

BTW I tried Vector/Axis/Fuse combo but didn't feel like the heavy gl fuse I tried was different enough from my worn Axis to keep bagged. Loved the feel of that disc though, I see why people dig them.

I just recently went from the Vector, Axis, Fuse combo to all Rocs. I really like both combos and just wanted a change of pace. Kinda nice to have one mold cover most of my midrange needs but the MVP combos are always in the other bag if i feel like switching back.

Yeah, I've tried the Axis and Vector and liked them alot. I tried them in Proton plastic, and if I wanted most of my midrange discs in premium plastic, I would go with them. Also, when I tried them (soon after their release) all I could find was higher weights, which was discouraging to me. Also, I have heard, and would agree, that because of the Gyro, MVP discs throw like they are a little heavier than their actual weight. So since I am just developing my form and no pro, I needed something in lighter weights.

I currently use Rocs in DX and KC Pro (plust Comets) in various stages of wear to cover my midrange slots. Definately prefer the baseline plastic (I love DX), to me it offers very nice control compared to premium plastic.

just stay with the rocs, innova is the best. nothing flys like ching rocs

Actually, the new N Vectors fly like faster Ching Rocs:thmbup:. They are flat and straight with a strong finish....and Innova was once the best, but they are FAR from that now. Just look at the latest Blizzard discs...They are the absolute worst quality of any disc I've seen in the last few years being sold outside of Quest. Bubbles coming through the plastic, wings that are discolored and weirdly textured like they were cooked, strange tooling lines all over the place...Whoever is "the best" would definitely not let something like that carry their name and that is fact.

Innova no longer cares about being the best...they are in a position where they can literally sell lower quality products and hardly anyone even notices(except us forum nerds).

Last edited:
Actually, the new N Vectors fly like faster Ching Rocs:thmbup:. They are flat and straight with a strong finish....and Innova was once the best, but they are FAR from that now. Just look at the latest Blizzard discs...They are the absolute worst quality of any disc I've seen in the last few years being sold outside of Quest. Bubbles coming through the plastic, wings that are discolored and weirdly textured like they were cooked, strange tooling lines all over the place...Whoever is "the best" would definitely not let something like that carry their name and that is fact.

you make many good points, innova has always had trouble with quality control but the best discs and plastic types have been made by innova over the years and innova has the biggest selection of discs on the market

Innova no longer cares about being the best...they are in a position where they can literally sell lower quality products and hardly anyone even notices(except us forum nerds).

MVP Disc Sports is the top disc manufacturer in the world. Nobody can touch their committment to bringing us the highest quality discs, and the most consistent products available today.

I recommend a RED Neutron plastic in the 171-174 range
I have a few axis/vector in that color/weight and they are my favorites.. nice low dome, they will fly as intended and even seem to end with more forward fade.. Maybe its all in my head, but when i throw them the red ones ALWAYS go farther :p

for some reason the white ones i have are all just slightly more domey and stable.. but i bought them from a different place that packaged them horribly and they came tacoed. so that might have something to do with it.

I recommend a RED Neutron plastic in the 171-174 range
:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Those are such straight discs when powered flat, yet work lines awesome on shorter holes...It's very easy to get it to hold a turn with anhyzer, no overpowering needed, and it wants to finish hard. Between those, my flat yellow N Axis, and my Volts I'm in MVP heaven right now. I hate looking in my bag and seeing discs without overmolds.:D Now I need a mildly overstable driver to compliment the Volt and a distance driver in the Sword/Flow/Wraith/Surge category and there will be no more discs in the bag without overmolds.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Those are such straight discs when powered flat, yet work lines awesome on shorter holes...It's very easy to get it to hold a turn with anhyzer, no overpowering needed, and it wants to finish hard. Between those, my flat yellow N Axis, and my Volts I'm in MVP heaven right now. I hate looking in my bag and seeing discs without overmolds.:D Now I need a mildly overstable driver to compliment the Volt and a distance driver in the Sword/Flow/Wraith/Surge category and there will be no more discs in the bag without overmolds.

Yes!