• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

Getting a little tired of these locals crying about an upgrade. I've played the 18 hole course and it's perfectly fine. Yes, it's way harder than before but it is 100% less boring than the first iteration.

Also, Old Town is literally 10 minutes away, is a shorter, more fun course that seems more catered to beginners/intermediate players and it's one of the coolest courses in the area/the land has a cool history behind it. Again, I don't understand this recent wave of bad reviews where their only complaint is that the course is wayyyy too hard now -.-

Edit: Shoutouts to DFrah who gave literally the only accurate and fair review of the redesign of the course. 3.5 is the true rating of this course.
🫡

I don't think that's a terrible review, but yeah I agree with you that the complaining seems overblown. It's a nice, difficult course on a beautiful piece of property. There are easier options in the area if you want it. Also, that reviewer mentions that he didn't play the Red tee layout at that course because it seemed too easy. 🤔 So maybe the suggestion is for a medium White layout?

Getting a little tired of these locals crying about an upgrade. I've played the 18 hole course and it's perfectly fine. Yes, it's way harder than before but it is 100% less boring than the first iteration.

Also, Old Town is literally 10 minutes away, is a shorter, more fun course that seems more catered to beginners/intermediate players and it's one of the coolest courses in the area/the land has a cool history behind it. Again, I don't understand this recent wave of bad reviews where their only complaint is that the course is wayyyy too hard now -.-

Edit: Shoutouts to DFrah who gave literally the only accurate and fair review of the redesign of the course. 3.5 is the true rating of this course.
Yeah, I gotta call "B.S." on this.
The only complaint from Larson and Michiganresident was not that the course is wayyyy too hard. They both had a number of complaints about the new course but it sounds like both reviewers were upset that the old course (which they enjoyed playing) was eliminated for a newer version which they do not enjoy playing.
I feel like Larson gave a quality review of the course which you don't happen to agree with so you call it "locals crying". I've played the new version and 2.5 is not out of line.

Personally, I hate the never ending pursuit for longer, more challenging courses.
There is a definite need for courses for newer players, casual players and families in certain areas. The old Al Quaal course fit the "casual, quick round" slot pretty well, the new version absolutely does not. Old Town is much more beginner friendly than the new Al Quaal, but it's not as beginner friendly as the old AQ was.

Yeah, I gotta call "B.S." on this.
The only complaint from Larson and Michiganresident was not that the course is wayyyy too hard. They both had a number of complaints about the new course but it sounds like both reviewers were upset that the old course (which they enjoyed playing) was eliminated for a newer version which they do not enjoy playing.
I feel like Larson gave a quality review of the course which you don't happen to agree with so you call it "locals crying". I've played the new version and 2.5 is not out of line.

Personally, I hate the never ending pursuit for longer, more challenging courses.
There is a definite need for courses for newer players, casual players and families in certain areas. The old Al Quaal course fit the "casual, quick round" slot pretty well, the new version absolutely does not. Old Town is much more beginner friendly than the new Al Quaal, but it's not as beginner friendly as the old AQ was.

I admit I sounded a lot harsher than I meant but my point was more so I feel bad for the guys who literally overhauled that 9er and turned it into a reputable 18er. That's cool that some people don't give a crap about the hard work and effort the course designers put in though. And no, a 2.5 is definitely not accurate for it's current status.

And sorry, I'm not going to agree with a reviewer who literally said he would've given the course 0 stars if he could.

those old reviews should be deleted imo

clear transformation of the courses (ive also played both layouts) and rates night/day different
Probably best to get an admin to split it into two course pages: the old 9er and the current 18. Mark the old one as extinct and move related reviews over.

I'm pretty sure tim did that a few times in the past.

This one was the definition of a homer biased review. I played this one last fall after bagging 3 courses with @playrecords

He said, good luck not losing a disc there, or something to that effect and had zero interest in playing it. This was in late fall too, when the prairie grass was down.

I dig the line about the grass being over his head in spots. And he's 6'4". Not in the cons. Other thoughts is where he slid that in there.

Chappelles Show Lol GIF

This one was the definition of a homer biased review. I played this one last fall after bagging 3 courses with @playrecords

He said, good luck not losing a disc there, or something to that effect and had zero interest in playing it. This was in late fall too, when the prairie grass was down.

I dig the line about the grass being over his head in spots. And he's 6'4". Not in the cons. Other thoughts is where he slid that in there.

Chappelles Show Lol GIF
The tipoff for me was the title "First Real Review."

Thought to myself: "Time to sit back and watch the rationalizations."

(Wasn't disappointed).

Chappelles Show Lol GIF
I first played this course in 2018. Thought it was lousy then even when there was a straight gap on hole 2 (and wasn't similarly non trimmed on the others). Got tricked into playing it again by my friend Joel when we were out playing some courses in the south metro a couple years ago on a day trip and he suggested playing Sweeney (cool, new course) which turned out to be the same as New Market (with a different name on Udisc). Skipped a few holes and walked off after 15 or so. Terribly maintained course but at least the grass was cut in the "fairways."

So while I very much enjoy playing with @wolfhaley and @Mrs. wolfhaley (I think we've played 8 courses together so far) I had to pass when they wanted to play this mess.

Pros:

Great place to play 'xcccccccccccccccccccccyhdudhdhdhdheishdhdhskshbdhdbdudhdhdndnsjs dudbdud didndid didjdid didnd didksks zksjshdhdjd shdjdid didjdid dudhdud didhdid dudbdhd xudnd djdbx did did did didndid xidnd

Cons:

Ticks

Other Thoughts:

Hehdudd dudhduds sishsis sishsbss
Was this review helpful? YES NO

This is a useless, terrible 'review', but at least the butt texts made it more interesting than the actual lack of info.

Latest posts