• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

Rule #1: Stick to reviewing and commenting on the course and not other reviews/reviewers.

You could argue that he broke a rule. He could have stated his case without mentioning another reviewer. That said,it seemed harmless to me also. Even wellsbranch250 has named dropped other users in his reviews.

I don't see a problem in this case. If someone were to do this and trash another reviewers review, ok, over the line maybe. This wasn't in poor taste.

It's a diamond he was a referencing; and "an equal" in the review world. ...Voicing a rather differing opinion. That is a valid point out and don't think any feelings hurt. Could have said, "In contrast to another diamond reviewer; who's opinion is opposite of mine..." :)

Oops! Turns out I forgot I've already thrown it. As must as I would like to contradict Mark, it's an unextraordinary pitch and putt that played a little too close to a children's playground for my liking. A 1.5 is firmly with the goldilocks zone for this course.

Rejoice the addition of a Detroit disc golf course. Getting courses into the city of Detroit has long been a wish. This 5 star review, by the course owner/installer, simply does not help though. It simply provides for a disservice, in setting up disappointment. I really wish designers/builders could try to present an honest review of their course, while providing the insight on future improvements, that only they might know. In this case, we have Bogey to balance the homer rating. BIG shout out and thank you to the designer/builders though. It makes me VERY happy to see course go into play in the city.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=12844&mode=rev#90291

I thumbed up Bogey's review. Very helpful, and admitted his rating could rise from 2.5 (decent, typical) a notch once complete, but detailed the reasons why the course, on the land available, won't rise much more in the ratings.
The course designer admits "Objectively, the course is probably more like a 4.25 stars once complete, but need to balance out the unnecessarily poor rating thus far."

First, Just ...don't.

...unless he thinks the next five folks who write a review should ding the rating in an effort to balance out HIS?

Second, does he honestly believe that installing a course (which many of us have also done) means he knows more about course design than a well- traveled, diamond trusted reviewer who has played about 400 courses?

I played this Detroit course a few months ago. Even with fresh tees, signs, and a basket upgrade on the back 9, it's still a 3.0 at best. Drainage will be a constant problem and it's really hard to fix flat and open. They did what they could with this land and I'm thrilled there's now a course near downtown. It reminded me a lot of City Park in New Orleans. Decent, but will always be limited by the land.

And, yeah, not good form to pump out a 5.0 and admit you're doing it to offset a highly trusted reviewer.

I reported the review. It doesn't follow the review rules. which is "Do not give an artificially low/high rating to try to influence the overall rating. Please give an honest rating."

mctagga9 said:
(I) need to balance out the unnecessarily poor rating thus far.

The first thing I personally look at when researching courses to bag, is the rating. Thus I personally find the review deceitful, unhelpful and flawed despite some helpful content. I wish reviews like this one stayed up, but were not factored into the ratings so I wouldn't be lured into the click-bate time waste.

The first thing I personally look at when researching courses to bag, is the rating. Thus I personally find the review deceitful, unhelpful and flawed despite some helpful content. I wish reviews like this one stayed up, but were not factored into the ratings so I wouldn't be lured into the click-bate time waste.

Agreed. Ideally, he would be given a week to fix the issues in order to stay up. Even if he only goes down to a 4.0 rating, it might be a helpful review.

This one is quite old but this thread reminded me of this course.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=5878&mode=rev

The course was fun and they did a good job with the land available. That doesn't make it a 5.

One of the guys definitely gave me a thumbs down. He has reviewed a few other courses that are of similar quality to this one and gave none of them above a 3.

Latest posts