• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Speakers?

I just use my phone to play my tunes when I'm playing by myself. My bag has a mesh pocket on the outside so I can hear the music perfectly well -- I slip my phone in, turn on the MP3's and let 'er rip. :D

Garret

seriously? if you need music, just use headphones. i find it pretty irritating when i'm constantly subjected to someone else's incredibly tinny sounding, treble-only portable speakers.

seriously? if you need music, just use headphones. i find it pretty irritating when i'm constantly subjected to someone else's incredibly tinny sounding, treble-only portable speakers.

I agree with this.

I don't want to hear your music any more than people want to see me playing a round in assless chaps.

I only use my speaker when I am playing with myself. It really sets the mood. If there is more than myself involved I don't use it. The music becomes distracting.

I guess I don't get it. I like the peace and quiet when I am out playing.

Yeah, me too.I like to listen to music LOUD in my truck, but not on the course. And, i've come across a few players with little speakers on their bags, and it sounds like listening to an album over the phone. Ever have a friend call you and say "Dude, listen to this tune:confused:!!"

Altec Lansing Orbit portable mp3 speaker. Tons of bass for a small speaker, batteries last forever in it, and you control the volume through your auxillery device. It even comes with a case.
orbit_low_touch1.jpg

as much as i enjoy quiet on the course, and think i play much better when im not distracted by music, others are also entitled to do as they wish. It doesn't bother me, just gotta tune it out :)

Why do people insist on trolling on this thread? I get it. Nobody likes people who play loud obnoxious music on the course. I play a lot of secluded courses, and, for me, music makes everything better. If you want to rant about these darn kids and their music, please keep your ramblings in your head.

Why do people insist on trolling on this thread? I get it. Nobody likes people who play loud obnoxious music on the course. I play a lot of secluded courses, and, for me, music makes everything better. If you want to rant about these darn kids and their music, please keep your ramblings in your head.

I won't rant. I don't mind when people enjoy their music. If i'm playing in a tournament and someone has music with them, I ask for them to turn it off every time it's my turn to throw. I respect them and I expect them to respect me when it's my turn.

I have these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iHome+-+iHome+Mini+Speakers+for+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+and+Most+MP3+Players+-+Black/1144355.p?skuId=1144355&id=1218224799097#tabbed-customerreviews
Lithium-ion usb charged. Charge lasts a long time. They collapse and expand for bass. The bottoms are magnetized so you can stick them together. Very crisp, clear sound. After going through 3 sets of $10 Kohl's bought ipod speakers, I broke down and spent $50 for some speakers worth a damn. They are worth it though.

I play with a couple people that use these, and I always enjoy having some tunes. They always ask if anybody minds, and I've yet to hear anybody say they do.

I guess it depends on the music. Jam bands aren't my thing, but some Phish, or DMB, or Derek Trucks are just great background music.

Someone asking a question while I'm teeing off can be really distracting, but background tunes don't bug me at all.

Just don't crank it. It needs to be background music, not a party.