• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagging An Ace

Keep throwing or frame an Ace?

• Keeping on hucking

Votes: 134 85.4%
  • Wall of frame it

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
The noodle arm that is me doesn't not expect this to occur. However, I would get it signed and save it. I've seen others get their signed and keep using it as well.

I only have one ace. I was with my 11 and 14 year old nephews, I had them sign them and I put it on the wall. The two aces I had SEEN previously were signed by the group and or spectators. Although I did see each player throwing the disc afterwards.

Scratch that. I had a black ace. Coincidentally, one of the players I played with played night golf the previous evening and their was a black ace on the same basket. The shot prior to mine going in, a competitor hit the chains. Crazy.

I'm not that excited about aces, but maybe it's because I haven't thrown one yet! It's probably an indicator that it's worthy of your bag, and what better way to honor a plastic warrior than to keep throwing it?

I keep bagging them until I lose them or they are no longer baggable. I just simply put a check mark next to my signature on the front to signify an ace.

Just my opinion but I think having everyone sign the disc is dumb as hell. I've also never debagged an ace disc for the wall but I get that.

Keep throwing it. I played a round with my buddy last night and he got two aces during the round, and a cubby emptying his bag on the last hole. Last year he had two aces during a tourney with the same disc, dude is an amazing player and he never retires an ace disc. He's got ten signed aces with his champ ape alone.

I keep throwing my one and only ace disc, a vibram ibex. There have been a few times ive lost it and it turned into a frantic search until i found it. Almost left if behind once after searching, and as soon as i started walking to get my bag i spotted it.

Your first might be special, and worth hanging on the wall (if you keep a wall). I noted details on my Aviar, and had the chance to meet 'Yeti' Jay & Des Reading at their putting clinic that month, so they were nice enough to listen to my excitement and sign it for me. Kept my first tourney ace disc on the wall too. But after that, I started keeping them in the bag, since I'm learning how they fly for me. Most on one disc is three on my CryZtal Buzzz, so it's a steady use disc. I do, however, give that one a little extra consideration and avoidance of water holes. :eek:
I don't go big on signatures, just ink the rim with date & hole info.

I have only one ace and it was with one of my two identical AK-47 putters. I don't know exactly which one I aced with, but yeah I still throw it...

Throw em!! I never understood the concept of "man, I really got this disc figured out so well I hit an ace with it! Let's immediately retire it to the wall!" :/ Uhhhhh ok. If I'm throwing a disc well enough to hit aces with it, it's staying RIGHT IN MY BAG to collect more aces!!

Only ace disc I have is a big 360ft hyzer shot with a PD2. I got that one signed and it's on the mantle but that's the only one I plan on not keeping bagged. It was to the point where I needed to replace it anyway since it was getting beat in and overlapping with my starfire, so it all just worked out. Aced with it, got a new C Line PD2 and all is right in the world.

I've never signed or retired a disc because of an ace. I've lost, broken, sold and traded former ace discs. I don't know, I just don't think it's a big deal. If you play for long enough you will probably get one (or many) aces.

It's not like in ball golf, where you can practice and play religiously your whole life and still probably never get one.

I keep throwing throw my ace discs. Only one I've ever had signed was when I was playing with out of town folks and hit the only known ace on a longer hole at Diamond X. Needed some proof for my bragging rights but yeah, I never let anyone ink up my plastic any other time.

both, if i can get a replacement i'll hang it, but until i have a replacement keep throwing it.

I'll want that first one signed, but it's staying in the bag. I don't collect discs, I throw them.

Latest posts