• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ball Golf Mental Game Books...

prettyboyfloyd

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I just played awful in a tournament at a local course that I've shaved around 3-4 strokes off of since last year. I attribute my play to just a lot of mental errors, especially putting.

There are many ball golf books on the mental game (check Amazon). Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations here....

Bob Rotella's books are usually the #1 recommendation and I agree with that. Golf is Not a Game of Perfect is the most popular. Another good Rotella book is Putting Out of Your Mind.

I recently read a book by Raymond Floyd that was pretty good. I think the name was Secrets of Scoring. This one had a little more ball golf info than I like, but the mental advice was solid.

I've seen good reviews of Zen Golf, but I haven't read it.

Zen Golf blows. Sorry hated it. I know some people like it but I thought it sucked. Mental Toughness: Training for Golf by Dr. Rob Bell is a good useful read which is loaded with useful information and ways to practice the mental game. Fearless Golf by Dr. Gio Valiante is outstanding as well. I have read almost anything I can get my hands on and these are my top two. If you only want one book go with Mental Toughness, but I would highly recomend either. Both books have goo information and are easy reads.

"Learn to Win: One Shot at a Time" by Dr. Morris Pickens is a good one. It is easier and shorter read than other mental books and makes lot of sense. Other golf books mentioned above are good too. Get some good ideas from those books and work them into your game.

Just read "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" and couldn't agree more. I know I'll re-read it many times. Thanks guys!

Some good recommendations. Also consider "Thinking Body, Dancing Mind".

I recently started reading Golf Is a Game of Confidence and so far I'm really enjoying that read. This one is also by Dr. Bob Rotella.

Bob Rotella's books are usually the #1 recommendation and I agree with that. Golf is Not a Game of Perfect is the most popular.

Golf is Not a Game of Perfect and The Inner Game of Golf.

another vote for "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" here.

Just ordered Golf is not a Game of Perfect.

Anything by Bob Rotella. Putting out of your mind and Golf is not a game of perfect are the books to start with.

: ) :

Just read "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" and couldn't agree more. I know I'll re-read it many times. Thanks guys!

With that many recommendations I had to pick it up myself. Thank you all very much for the suggestion, the book was a great read and had some great tips for improving my game. Definitely a keeper for me, will read again and again. :thmbup:

Latest posts