• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baltimore/Havre De Grace

toddnick

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm driving down to spend 5 nights camping at Susquehanna State Park which is near Havre De Grace, Maryland. My first time in this part of the country.

Here is my current plan...

Friday, May 24th - Arrive around noon, Golf Mill Brook

Saturday, May 25th - Golf Iron Hill, Golf Lums Pond State Park

Sunday, May 26th - Golf Muddy Run, Golf Scarboro Hills

Monday, May 27th - Golf Druid Park - Forest Drive, go to Camden Yards for Orioles/Tigers game

Tuesday May 28th - Drive home

Any suggestions or changes?

Sounds like a solid plan with some very fun to excellent courses.

I might combine Mill Brook, Scarboro Hills, and Muddy Run into a day, they are pretty close together. Or maybe add Klines Run, a new course not far from Muddy Run, and/or Samuel S. Lewis SP, a fun wooded 9-holer with elevation.

There is a nice BBQ truck not far from Samel S. Lewis and Klines Run.

Muddy Run is a blast. You might want to play it twice, once from the shorts and once from the longs.

Consider Patapsco Valley State Park combined with or instead of Druid Hill. Patapsco is one of my favorite courses, with a ton of downhill wooded bomber holes and the tee pads are recently groomed. Just bring a map (or take a pic of the one at the kiosk).

Be aware that Druid Hill is in a fairly sketchy neighborhood, although I have never had any issues playing there.

Good luck!

Patapsco looks nice but it says that it doesn't open until 9am. Can you not play there before 9am?

I'm hoping to be done with golf by 9am on Monday to give me time to enjoy Baltimore a bit before the 1pm Orioles game.

I figured I'd golf Druid from 7:30-9.

Patapsco looks nice but it says that it doesn't open until 9am. Can you not play there before 9am?

Gate opens at 9am at Patapsco Valley. It would be a hike to the disc golf course.

Baltimore Inner Harbor and the National Aquarium are fun. USS Constellation, Fort McHenry, Fells Point, American Visionary Art Museum, crabs, etc.

Monday, May 27th - Golf Druid Park - Forest Drive, go to Camden Yards for Orioles/Tigers game
Any suggestions or changes?

If you're going to the game, give yourself a couple of hours before the game to check out Babe Ruth's Birthplace/Museum... literally less than a 10 minute walk from Camden Yard.

IIRC, you don't need more than 2 hrs.

Last edited:
And check out the home run markers on Eutaw St (between the field and the warehouse/concessions):

Attachments

• HR's.png
    HR's.png
    85 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Was thinking of doing Iron Hill twice but was worried about crowds after a very early round...especially on Memorial Day weekend....

Iron Hill is never overly crowded except on tournament days. Even then you could have 90 people out there and never see anyone.

Your itinerary is sensible. Consider playing Druid Hill Legacy instead of Forest Drive. It's easier to navigate and probably a better layout overall. If you have time for some of Forest Drive, there are 2 entry points and you could play 9 or 18 pretty easily. Take a photo of the map. The neighborhood is fine. Also consider taking the light rail ($1.80 each way and ~20 minutes from Woodberry station near Druid Hill Park) into Camden Yards instead of driving in, paying for parking, and dealing with traffic on the way out.

Latest posts