• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
did u need the money for the packages before hand? lmk!

Once we have the prices set we will start sending out PMs with an order form and set a deadline for payments, probably right around three weeks before the meet. The order forms will be for weights of each disc, size of shirt and include the paypal information where you will need to send your payment. We'll provide more info as we get the prices and other info together, if you have any questions let us know, post or PM. If you need anyone to vouch, I put together the Ohio Meet last year and a number of members can attest to where your money will be going.

Scarlet and Grey Polos!

I'm to try to get two different colors, one for Team Ohio and another color for that team up north :p.

see post #39 this thread -->
New Course at Brighton State Rec Area
Just got off the phone with a key member of A3 Disc Golf club, and they've already gpt the course mapped out. Tomorrow's the first day of clearing out underbrush, thorny crap, and whatnot. I'm so there... I'm so stoked to be involved! :thmbup:

Shooting for a June openeing... doubt baskets will be for the Battle for the Border, but maybe you'll be able to check things out when you're there. Give ya'll a reason to come back for some more Pure Michigan!

lulz! Oh yeah, nice color combo on the smilies!

Man I really wish this course was going to be up and running by the meet. One of the two campgrounds we are considering for the meet is at Brighton. The other is closer to Hudson and Indy, but the one at Brighton is small, secluded and would be perfect for our group. Either way, it's great to hear that they are adding another, what I'm sure will be great, course to the area. I can't wait to get a look at it and play a couple of rounds.

Man I really wish this course was going to be up and running by the meet. One of the two campgrounds we are considering for the meet is at Brighton. The other is closer to Hudson and Indy, but the one at Brighton is small, secluded and would be perfect for our group. Either way, it's great to hear that they are adding another, what I'm sure will be great, course to the area. I can't wait to get a look at it and play a couple of rounds.

The guy spearheading this said they plan on having the first 9 holes playable as of June 1.
I think that's a bit optimistic, but:
• I've never been involved with such a project before - whaddoIknow? :confused:
• We've had a record-breakingly wimpy winter, so weather may not be nearly as big a factor as one might expect.

Probably all boils down to
1) Weather.
2) People power - I know I'll be there when I can.
Will definitely keep you posted.

* getting old sux - was out there all day clearing brush, etc... everything aches. :( :eek:

Last edited:
Wow that's a crazy vid. I looked at the park website and it didn't say anything about the disc golf courses being damaged, but their golf course is closed until further notice from all of the damage. I will call soon to make sure we are still on and let everyone know, unless a local has some insight.

Wow that's a crazy vid. I looked at the park website and it didn't say anything about the disc golf courses being damaged, but their golf course is closed until further notice from all of the damage. I will call soon to make sure we are still on and let everyone know, unless a local has some insight.

i shall try and go play it tomorrow. We got hammered though. Where pretty flooded around here. might be unplayable atm due to that.

Played HM Original Sunday the 18th - it's just fine. No hint of damage.
Dunno about Monster.

Be aware there is a tourney at Ponds at Lakeshore this Sunday if that's where you're headed.

just played both courses at Hudson mills. both in great shape. does the park or locals know we coming? course was PACKED. not sure if its always like that

Hudson Mills is usually pretty busy, hopefully we'll get an early enough start that we can avoid some of the larger crowds.

Just wanted to poke my head in and let you all know what's going on. We are still trying to come up with a design for the discs and shirts, we have a couple of ideas, but anyone with photoshop experience feel free to hit us up and let us know if you would be willing to help out with the artwork.

We are also working on getting the prices together for the player's packs. Hopefully we will be able to post the prices within the next day or so, so be on the lookout for that. Once the price is set we will post the deadline to get the payments in and start taking orders and payments.

Since the $2 golfing fee was imposed, crowds on the disc golf courses are far less common, thankfully. You'll want to play the Original course early (which will be more crowded later) to best avoid any congestion which might develop.

Hudson Mills is usually pretty busy, hopefully we'll get an early enough start that we can avoid some of the larger crowds.

Just wanted to poke my head in and let you all know what's going on. We are still trying to come up with a design for the discs and shirts, we have a couple of ideas, but anyone with photoshop experience feel free to hit us up and let us know if you would be willing to help out with the artwork.

We are also working on getting the prices together for the player's packs. Hopefully we will be able to post the prices within the next day or so, so be on the lookout for that. Once the price is set we will post the deadline to get the payments in and start taking orders and payments.

posted in the disc thread about helping out with the design pm me what your looking for

Okay, finally got to work on the prices for the player's packs, I've been extremely busy at work and life. I'm going to include a couple options, just so we have an idea of the pricing difference, here's the info:

First Option:
1 Glo KC Pro Roc
1 Champion TL
1 Paragon Polo Shirt Package (includes Polo Shirt, Towel, and Acrylic Bag Tag)
Price - $37.00 Per Pack

Second Option:
1 Glow KC Pro Roc
1 Champion TL
Paragon Polo Shirt Package (Polo Shirt & Acrylic Bag Tag)
Price - $32.00 Per Package

The tshirt package (Tshirt, Towel, & Bag Tag) was the same price as the second option, $32.00, if anyone wanted to know.

Personally I could do without the towel and am leaning toward leaving it out, but thought I would let everyone see what the options were. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions. I believe a PM has been sent to Haynes about helping out with the artwork so once we get some solid ideas down we'll let everyone know about the stamp and shirt design.

Next thing we need to do is get some more people on board for this. I will be sending out PMs to everyone that voted in the polls and everyone that has posted in the threads to see if we can get some more members coming out for this. It's going to be a great time and I can't wait to see what this time will be like.

We will probably be settling on the option for the player's pack within the next couple of days so that we can start taking orders so let me know what you all think asap.

option #2

and perhaps to get more folks out for this make sure you reiterate that the player pack is optional and we just want more people out to play

I think we will probably end up going with option 2 unless anyone really objects and wants to fight for the towels. I had the first post updated today with the player's pack info and all of the members that have confirmed with me so far.

We are going to start working on order forms to PM to everyone and sending out PM's to everyone that voted and posted in the polls and threads. Hopefully we can start getting some people confirmed and get a great turnout like last time.

I like option 2. I started on a version for stamp / shirt designs this AM. Ill try to have it to you in a week tops. I been swamped with the kids after school stuff and all that good stuff. My buddy and i have been trying to get the locals interested in this. I should have 3-4 people with me ( hopefully ). I cant wait for this!

Latest posts