• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll get the camping info out to everyone.com hopefully before I tak pff on Wednesday for vacation. I just have to check a couple of the nearby campgrounds and see what can accommodate our group.

Sh1t, I knew there'd be a monkeywrench thrown into my plans :(

Got a Cub Scout sleepover with my boy on Friday June 1st. I may or may not be able to drive up Saturday morning, have to see what the wife's schedule looks like :doh:

We're sleeping over at 5th Third Field (Mud Hens stadium) Friday night, we've got to be out at the buttcrack of dawn. I'd most likely be there and set up before you left for the first round of the day :D

That is, if we keep last Fall's schedule :hfive:

We're sleeping over at 5th Third Field (Mud Hens stadium) Friday night, we've got to be out at the buttcrack of dawn. I'd most likely be there and set up before you left for the first round of the day :D

That is, if we keep last Fall's schedule :hfive:

Hahaha, most likely, lol. I do hope to get things started a little earlier this time, but probably not that damn early.

wow bumping this to keep alive. Anyone know on camping?

is it to late for the player pack? If someone has the form and it isn't can you send i to me? Thanks!

I'll second that Russell. Hopefully the schedule will at least come out soon so that people can make plans in regards to which days/times to attend if they won't be out of the whole weekend.

Can we at least get an update to when we will get an update?

Wow, I don't know what happened. Sunday night I wrote this huge long post with the schedule, some info on the players packs, and some other st uff and don't know what happened to it. I was wondering why there were no responses yet. I am actually with my gf at the moment, she is having surgery, but I'll try to get all of that reposted again tonight. I don't know what the F happened there guys.

cant wait to hear the details!

Thanks Road I'm looking forward to it. Good luck with the surgery too. Hope it's nothing too major.

Well I know I won't be able to make it now. That is the last weekend before students have to be out of dorms at OSU, so I will be busy loading up the fiance's daughters stuff.

Have fun guys. Hope it turns out well.

Alright, sorry for the delay guys, I was on vacation from April 25th to May 10th on a road trip out to Cali for the Socal meet at Lake Casitas. Came home on a Thursday, worked 14.5 hours Friday and just over 12 hours on Saturday, then Wood Pecker had surgery on her arm on Tuesday, so we have just been busy on the home front.

First thing I want to address in the player's packs. I'm afraid they just aren't going to happen for this meet. A couple of people had volunteered to help with the artwork, but they ended up not being able to help for one reason or another. Also we didn't get near enough orders to get the minimum of 25 we needed for the event. I think 8 people ordered, and one was myself and one was Wood Pecker. In light of this, I can start refunding people's payments via paypal, I may get started on that tonight, if not I will start sending them tomorrow.

I'm really disappointed that we couldn't get the amount we needed, I'm sure the lack of artwork didn't help, as well as the fact that there aren't too many people that seem interested in the meet at all. The people that attended the Ohio meet would definitely attest that they would have been awesome for sure.

The next thing I want to address is the schedule. I think we should probably just go with Hudson Mills and Independence Lake since they are so close together and due to Black Locust having their weekly doubles on Sunday morning so this is what I was thinking:

Friday:
6:00PM Ace Race (Location TBD)
9:00PM Glow Round (Location TBD)

Saturday:
10:00AM Team Event (Hudson Mills Orginal)
3:00PM Random Draw Doubles (Hudson Mills Monster)

Sunday:
12:00PM Singles Round (Independence Lake)

With this schedule people shouldn't feel too pressed for time and should be able to enjoy camping, relaxing and hitting other courses all weekend long. If you have any suggestions or comments let me know.

The last thing is camping. I need to get solid numbers on who all is going to be camping over the weekend. I have a couple of parks in mind that have some awesome campsites, I just need to know how many sites I am going to need. In other words, IF YOU PLAN ON CAMPING PM ME.

Alright, let me know if you have and questions or anything, I should be on more regularly from here on out.

Latest posts