• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Battle for the Border: Michigan V. Ohio, June 1st-3rd, 2012

Courses for the Ohio v. Michigan Meet: (Please pick your top two, and only two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just realized that for the dates there are 2 tournaments up here most MI golfers arent going to miss to come to this and I am registered for one already so I won't be able to attend either...Bluegill is hosting Dog Daze June 2nd and 3rd, and the Meijer State Games is at Brewer as well...

Friday:
6:00PM Ace Race (Location TBD)
9:00PM Glow Round (Location TBD)

Saturday:
10:00AM Team Event (Hudson Mills Orginal)
3:00PM Random Draw Doubles (Hudson Mills Monster)

Sunday:
12:00PM Singles Round (Independence Lake)

My suggestion for the Ace Race and Glow would be the 9 holer at Bandemer. It's short enough that all the holes should be aceable, and has 3 sets of teepads so you could play basically 3 different rounds at the same park. It's also free admission, so you won't have to buy another pass to get in like at Hudson or Indy.

I just realized that for the dates there are 2 tournaments up here most MI golfers arent going to miss to come to this and I am registered for one already so I won't be able to attend either...Bluegill is hosting Dog Daze June 2nd and 3rd, and the Meijer State Games is at Brewer as well...

Those are both on the west side, correct? Given that we had more rec players than tournament players at the last meet, I'd say we won't be losing that many people, although I'm sorry to see you can't make it.

My suggestion for the Ace Race and Glow would be the 9 holer at Bandemer. It's short enough that all the holes should be aceable, and has 3 sets of teepads so you could play basically 3 different rounds at the same park. It's also free admission, so you won't have to buy another pass to get in like at Hudson or Indy.

Those are both on the west side, correct? Given that we had more rec players than tournament players at the last meet, I'd say we won't be losing that many people, although I'm sorry to see you can't make it.

Yes they are both on the west side and yeah you probably wont lose many people for the battle but, without the higher experienced players, how is this a legit battle between the states? I really wish I could come maybe ill show for sunday as I wont be playing that day...

Yes they are both on the west side and yeah you probably wont lose many people for the battle but, without the higher experienced players, how is this a legit battle between the states? I really wish I could come maybe ill show for sunday as I wont be playing that day...

figure of speech. just a figure of speech :D i think it's safe to say you won't be getting Ohio's "best". this is purely for FUN. :p

so what is a "team event"?

I was just informed by my buddy who is coming that holes 13-16 at indy lake are currently under construction just as a warning. We may want to consider another alternative because of this.

If it wasn't for work and other time eaters I'd head up North and represent the Buckeye state.
Sounds like this will be a good time.
Hope all of you have fun.

Yeah, me too :thmbdown:

Too much else going on that weekend.

I have a pair of Grooves for the cause if RTS and Woodpecker want to pick them up on their way through Toledo :D

Well I think that pretty much does it for team Ohio at this point. I completely understand though, life happens. The Govna also said that he can't make it, and I haven't heard from Jay Dub in quite a while. Not really sure where to go from here as we pretty much have just Wood Pecker and I left coming up from Ohio, and she just had surgery on her throwing hand, so I don't think she was planning on doing much golfing at all anyway.

So I guess this means Michigan wins the first ever Battle of the Border by default? (pretty sure they would have won anyway)

lol...i wish i didnt have forklift class that day...i had it scheduled off for vacation at my last job

I just found out i got the time off at work.

Are people still coming? How are plans looking, especially with indy under construction?

I just found out i got the time off at work.

Are people still coming? How are plans looking, especially with indy under construction?

Well basically everyone from the Ohio team had to bail for various reasons so I'm not really sure what's going on at this point. We can't really have much of a battle if one team is MIA.

It doesnt have to be a battle, lol. If anyone wants to.get a round in any of those days just shot me a message...

I can't even imagine holding an event at the Toboggan Course, so brutal.

Not real sure what's going on with this still, does suck that Indy is under construction though. Looks like it may just be a victory lap for you Michigan folks. I was hoping for a good turnout for the this meet like we got for the Ohio meet, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. I guess we should have felt it out a little more and planned a little better before we went ahead and set the dates and what not.

Yes toboggan is playable. I'm going for a round tomorrow morning. Apparently they are gonna play the Monday league at firefighters in the am on toboggan. Should be sweet. Never played it.

I believe Indy is down 4 holes. Still playable though.