• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver State Fling 2016

Yeah, too many people chalk up a course being boring or too easy based on watching/following the top card. Same thing happened at the dgwt la mirada. That course was legit tough and Paul just shredded it. I've played BSF a couple times(even have a 54 on the east course) and its NOT EASY!! The reason there isn't huge scoring separation is because there isn't artificial OB, which is what creates alot of scoring variance elsewhere. Very few ropes, no island greens, etc

Also the tournament should be designed for all pros, not just the top few in the world.

I agree with you, however there are a couple island greens there. And whether we're talking artificial or "natural" OB, the results are the same score wise. But the OB that is there feels intuitive and a lot less arbitrary than ropes in a fairway. I have yet to play the Blue Lake course, but just from what I've seen through videos, Milo is a much more enjoyable championship caliber course to watch. (And I'm betting it's more fun to play, too.)

Even though he's on the chase card, I think McBeth (7 back) is Ricky's only competition at this point.

I don't think Ricky can be caught at this point, but yeah, I think 2nd isn't out of Paul's reach. He pulled it together today and shot well. I was honestly worried he'd not even get top 5 after his first round.

Saw that CCDG recap and thought it was really good. Different than their normal stuff, and they pulled it off perfectly...dare I say as good as SpinTV?

:thmbup: I totally agree. The CCDG recap was very good. I just watched the Round 2 coverage, and I thought it was excellent, also. The CCDG guys are doing a great job making it possible for us to (dare I say) 'watch some disc golf'. :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the insight. Didn't realize you couldn't just kind of record the feed, if you will, and put it out later.

They could so this. They would need a video mixer with a local wifi network between the 2 cameras then the portable video mixer would also record the feed. Problem is you would need someone to switch/fade between the 2 feeds in real time.

I think you should actually get some numbers on the scoring separation there....then go play the courses and ask yourself how awesome it is to have two difficult courses with a SSA that's within a half a stroke of each other.

Watching video of these two courses doesn't do either of them justice. If it looks boring I would just chalk it up to great talents making something difficult look easy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the courses are easy, just that there seem to be a ton of holes on both courses where basically everyone gets a three and that's that. Which isn't the same thing as pros shredding a course.

Last edited:
Wife got a Wii U for the bedroom, learned last night I can stream Youtube and use headphones plugged in to the controller so now I can watch CCDG on the 50 inch and not worry about bothering the wife as she sleeps, minus my outbursts of laughter from commentary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the courses are easy, just that there seem to be a ton of holes on both courses where basically everyone gets a three and that's that. Which isn't the same thing as pros shredding a course.

every top pro gets a 3, is not the same as everyone gets a 3.

again, there are more players in this tournament than the top 2 cards

I adore Mili and it looks amazing on the recap and photos. Wish I could play this shindig one day.

I wonder....? Who wants to bet against McBeth coming from 7 strokes back in 18 holes from the chase card, to win it all? I do. I really do, but my brain screams "Sucker!" at the very thought of it... it's a win-win really... I love the Ricky & Paul, *ahem I mean Paul & Ricky Show, and I don't know if they've ever battled from separate cards on the last day(?). It's a twist... and a mystery.

It's telling, and crazy, that we all realize that the guy in 5th place has a more realistic chance of beating the guy in first, than the guys in second, third, and fourth. But that's the reality of a Paul McBeth on fire. He HAS that ability to win from 7 down. Heck, he just beat Ricky from 6 down last week.

Having said all that, GO RICKY! Don't let that lead slip away!

As I type this, they post that Ricky birdies, and Philo bogeys hole 1. Lead is now 4 over Philo.

Last edited:
Couple hundred people out here today, following different cards. Allot good golf and a beautiful day out today!

Latest posts