• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ben askren's lost disc

Except Quinton Jackson....and i hate that guy...:|

Quinton got lucky that the refs jumped in way too early when he was fighting Chuck. Chuck got knocked down, but was still completely aware of himself when the ref jumped in, Rampage pretty much ended Chuck's career on a ref's mistake... Silly.

Ben Askern was a badass wrestler in College, i think he was two national champion maybe even a three time.. But i didn't realize he was fairly decent at DG as well. He went to college at Missouri so he had access to some pretty decent golf.

Quinton got lucky that the refs jumped in way too early when he was fighting Chuck. Chuck got knocked down, but was still completely aware of himself when the ref jumped in, Rampage pretty much ended Chuck's career on a ref's mistake... Silly.

:doh: That's EXACTLY what I thought too...within 2 minutes of the match if I remember correctly... The craziest part is that if Chucks power house of a punch had been a fraction of a second quicker, it may very have been Jackson eating the floor that night :|

You can tell after the match Chuck was PISSED they called the fight...

Ben Askern was a badass wrestler in College, i think he was two national champion maybe even a three time.. But i didn't realize he was fairly decent at DG as well. He went to college at Missouri so he had access to some pretty decent golf.

..4 time finalist, 2 time champ.

I met him at NCCA's a few years ago and we talked dg for about 15 minutes. He's a great guy with a great sense of humor too.

you all could have one of his used pre discraft discs with his phone number you all could text become best friends who knows?!?!? it can be yours if the price is right lol:D

I've messaged him left a comment even tried texting the number on the disc lol if he don't reply I'll keep it and I'll have mma disc golf memorabilia haha

I played with Ben for 3-4 rounds in the Rochester Am Worlds (2011). He was a nice guy. I'm trying to upload some pictures from my phone (to show it happened). The round before semi's we started on hole 3 and I finished Ace, Birdie. Aced #1 Parma over the pond... so got his signature on a water disc (Star TL) that I only used for 1 throw that tournament, lol.

TBH I would bet that a lot more know who Ben Askren is than any disc golfer. He holds a belt in one of the top fighting venues and will end up in the UFC. I saw him in the corner of a fighter the last UFC on FOX. Oh and hes an Olympian..
I dunno, Dana White effing hates Ben Askren b/c he is a boring as hell lay and pray fighter.
Pride was also the best out of any company. RIP
TRUE DAT YO! Sakuraba 4 lyfe!

--------------------------------

There is a vid floating around somewhere in the Water Cooler of Ben playing some disc. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here's the link if it works.

Last edited:
He was boring until his fight on Thursday. That was hardly boring. He destroyed that guy. Dana may have to start rethinking things.

I will acknowledge that his last fight wasn't terrible and that he indeed whooped Ammasou however you spell it's ass.

But I'd rather take a tomahawked Boss in the face then watch Askren fight somebody like Jon Fitch.

Ben's one of the best College wrestlers ever. Its hard to take those years of training out and create a toe to toe fighter. Wrestlers make the best but most boring MMA fighters.

AFter watching his last fight, I'm just glad I didn't have to call him on a foot fault.

Oh that guy? I knew the name sounded familiar, I know the name not because I know anything about MMA but because I've played a round or two with him, had to google image search it though to remember.

Finally pictures to prove (I think)...
Me my dad and Ben, and My Caddy, Ben's Caddy, and me throwing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-07-27 14.25.44.jpg
    2011-07-27 14.25.44.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_3883.jpg
    DSC_3883.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Latest posts