• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

• Total voters
No offense to Hornings Hideout, but I have a funny related story.

When I used to use DiscGolfScene, there was a guy who played Hornings regularly. He would post at least one ace a week, often multiples in each round.

I'm not discrediting him or the course, I would do the same if I played there, it's just crazy how many aces that course must bring in.

I didn't notice it being the short course. I've only played there once. But you pretty much ace run every hole on that course (or should anyway). That course makes you feel great about yourself haha. Not taking much away still impressive, but it's not a 500 ft ace, where's that video Paul? :popcorn:

The first one I ever threw was the best (also the luckiest). 293' massive spike hyzer that wedged itself in the bottom of the basket.

The first one I ever threw was the best (also the luckiest). 293' massive spike hyzer that wedged itself in the bottom of the basket.

That's awesome, you know if it would have gone threw the basket it wouldn't have counted. :doh:

I had an ace, and a little kid picked it up (but put it back), I think tourney rules would have been if the kid took it out and placed it outside the basket the ace wouldn't have counted... Correct me if I'm wrong?

Your shot is over when the disc comes to rest. So as long as the disc wasn't moving when the kid grabbed it, you have an ace.

(If the disc was moving, the kid gets 2 penalty strokes for interference :D. But 804.03 says the disc is placed at the approximate point of contact, so you would still have the ace.

Yeah, I don't think I can change one or the other now. Doesn't really matter at this point. Its all good.

I aced hole 16 at Brandywine. It's over 425 easily. Also, my first shot of the tourney.

My favorite Ace I have seen was under 175. Tight sharp anhyzer gap. Last hole of the tournament with things still undecided. My buddy and competition laid out the smoothest 11x Aviar shot I have ever seen.

I have seen longer but that one meant the most and such deadly precision.

Have not seen any crazy aces before that I can remember. Anyone ever see an ace that kicked off of a tree or something and right into the basket? Or maybe even a roller ace? HAHA improbable but still possible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMnRuZ-LMVM&t=0m40s

Skip 40 seconds in if you use the embedded player.

This one is my favorite one I've witnessed because my parents were there. This was the first time I took them out for a round, and only the 3rd hole in. After I stuck it I told them that it took the pressure off showing them some cool disc golf :)

Longest one I've seen was a 365' night time ace with a glow stalker back in 2011 I think it was. Just decided to throw #17 at Arb on my way back to my car after trying to save a disc out of the water on #14.

Witnessed a 265' ace by my buddy and ace-man extraordinaire Gary Braman (fried okra on dgcr) at Jared Hilton in Lebanon, MO. He gets more aces than any one I know. The basket just gets in his way I think. I can stomp him at just about any course, but only have 2 aces (one this past weekend) to his like 16 or something...

Several years ago on hole 18 at Firefighter's Park, about 375 ft...

I had just carded a double circle 7 :( :wall:
...was walking away from the pin when the first player on the card directly behind us (who'd been waiting very patiently for the dip**** in front of him to hole out :eek: ) skipped it into the basket. :eek:

Talk about a hole creating scoring separation. :rolleyes:

My second ace was the greatest, prettiest flight of a disc that I have ever seen. #15 at Searight in Austin. 330' with a Z Buzzz. I looked at the under side of the disc right before i threw it and thought, "man, my contact info is almost worn off. I need to write it again." Straight down the middle, drifted right, and then faded back left into the heart of the chains. A couple of months earlier, I was playing the hole and was in the trees behind the basket, looking for a disc. I guess the group behind me didn't see that I was there and I heard the crash of the chains and looked up to hear the cats on the tee box cheering. One of the guys, after the ace, yelled fore. That might be my favorite hole ever.

sickest ace ive thrown was a z wasp in the winter. about 175 ft. flick skip shot. flicked, took a healthy skip looked like it was going to barely miss the basket, grabbed the back side basket chains and sat in the basket. chains literally snagged this in, looked magnetic almost. longest ace was my first one, buddy gps it at 256 ft. sickest was this dude who threw up a pro starfire. went about 300+ where the basket was surrounded by trees otherwise the hole is open. plinko'd around in the trees and fell almost straight down into the basket. lucky soab. also saw a dude decently ****ed up on the course ace the 175 ft one with a wraith haha. i almost quit for the day right then and there.

Best I've seen was out of my own hand... old hole 7 at Zebulon, now hole 8. 420 feet, slight elevation GAIN. All wooded, blind basket location.

Lead card 3rd or final round of the Dogwood Crosstown Classic A-Tier with Schwebby, Phil Denhardt, and MJ. And a crowd. How much did I make for that one... ZERO DOLLARS.

Pretty spectacular ace if I do say so myself...

Last year during the last round of the Des Moines Challenge, Marty Reis canned an ace to start off the round. It was around 200ft. but it was one of those that caught your attention as soon as it left his hand. I can't think of a better way to start a tourney round...

My buddy Sean hit #7 at Ellison Park in our local doubles league this past fall. 528ft, very downhill but still a beast of a shot to ace. I don't remember what he threw, maybe a Boss, maybe a Destroyer.