• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Best Anny Discs

Faster discs tend to want to fade out too much. A slower disc will hold the line for a longer time, and will generally get similar distance to a wide rim driver. Most people don't believe that until they try it for themselves.

This is spot on.

In my experience, the Amp has too much fade at the end for this shot. I'd use a DX Leo.

My answer, but without the ?

I am still shocked at the length of effortless annys with the Mamba. I've gone from not-quite-able to reach 320-340' anny holes to rocketing the Mamba past the pin and now for the first time ever having to dial back on holes like #5, #9, #16 and #17 at Charlotte's Sugaw Creek course.

That said, the Mamba is more nose-angle sensitive, faster and has more glide than a Sidewinder or Roadrunner, so earning a comfort level with something like those would help you more appreciate and work with the Mamba's qualities.

Last edited:
I've been throwing my X XL on some super nice anny bombs. It'll fight back if it's fresh though. It turns pretty nicely on flat throws too, once you've hit some things.

Been really enjoying my Amp, it turns late if thrown flat, or you can add anny to the release and itholds forever, fights back nice at the end to prevent it from rolling :) i like it a lot

I would vote for River, it is what i use for this slot.

I used to use the river, switched to the Amp because it has less glide and makes it more controllable, wind resistant.

the river is a GREAT disc, used it for years.. but the Amp beat it out in the roll away department.. maybe my rivers just got too beat, idk.

I use the underworld and sword for longer, though the sword does occasionally work out of it. In strong 20+ mph head winds I use a beat in giant.

neutral stability is the way to go. TL works nice fore this. Or a River maybe.

Just don't get anything Understable. Anny an understable disc and it rolls. I just my Underworld for hyzer flips, it's too understable to anny at all.

GL Vision and GL River for driving duties

Tursas for mid duties

Zero Spike for putter duties

Also I have an Amp but haven't given it enough throws to give a firm recommendation. However I imagine it would do the job nicely.

I have a heavy 175g Champ Mamba that is great for a slight anny release. I can get 330-350 out of it, and given room to work it will flatten out before hitting the ground.

neutral stability is the way to go. TL works nice fore this. Or a River maybe.

Just don't get anything Understable. Anny an understable disc and it rolls. I just my Underworld for hyzer flips, it's too understable to anny at all.

I agree to a point. It all depends on the release angle and with the underworld I have released it on too much of an angle and it turns into a roller. I really only use it sky anny's where even it will come out of it at the very last second to settle in flat.

right on, I like my 167g Tourney Underworld that turns like crazy every time. my 172g newer one has more fight in it. All depends what u need and your power level too.

this is one of those threads where everybody needs to realize you're throwing with different power levels. if you're going to make recommendations give more info so others know how far and what type of anny line you're hitting with the disc you're recommending.

i've seen a lot of suggestions of pretty understable discs and for your power level that might be the right choice but generally you want a neutral disc to throw on an anny line that will have a smooth arc. if you throw something less stable it'll turn harsher towards the end.

personally for annys up to 300' i'm using my mako, above that ill go with my TL and then if the line is up around 380 or above i'll probably go with my beat in SPD.

Beat up putter, beat up midrange, beat up fairway driver

This. My only change would be: Beat up stable putter, beat up stable midrange, beat up stable driver.

A worn in stable disc (Roc, Teebird, Wizard, etc.) loves to lock onto any line/release angle and hold it to the ground.

For an anny disc that fades back to flat right at the end to avoid cut roll, I like a teebird or rhyno. That assumes level ground.

I have a heavy 175g Champ Mamba that is great for a slight anny release. I can get 330-350 out of it, and given room to work it will flatten out before hitting the ground.

Just bought a 175g champ mamba today. Way understable. But if thrown wit hyzer, it flips up, comes way right, and s l o w l y fades back left. I threw a fairly effortless 350' with it today.