• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Backpack Style Bag

Best Backpack Style Bag

• Total voters

DiscinFiend

* Ace Member *
What is the best backpack style bag in your opinion & why? Mine would have to be the Grip A-Series bag. It has good storage, is the most comfortable bag I've ever had, carries the perfect number of discs for my needs, has a great warranty, I love the quiver & looks cool.

The orginal grip looks way cooler than the new style. It's my current bag and can hold almost 30 discs if I pack it super full. I do believe if you can find the perfect bag to convert the DIY Bag option is a very close 2nd

The orginal grip looks way cooler than the new style. It's my current bag and can hold almost 30 discs if I pack it super full. I do believe if you can find the perfect bag to convert the DIY Bag option is a very close 2nd

30 in the L Series!? I can cram(and I mean cram) 21 drivers in the main...3 in the quiver and 2 putters in the small pocket below the quiver. Where else do you put discs?

30 in the L Series!? I can cram(and I mean cram) 21 drivers in the main...3 in the quiver and 2 putters in the small pocket below the quiver. Where else do you put discs?

I can also fit about 21-22 drivers in the main. 5 mids in the putter pocket (3 on the bottom and 2 sticking behind. 2 putters in the accessory pocket. 1 putter in the flap that closes the main compartment. and 2 putters in the pouch below the main compartment. When you put this many in the bag it really takes from the accessibility of the bag. In my opinion is way a DIY bag is the way to go but you have to find a bag and then hopefully you can figure out how to build a pvc frame. Here's a video on how to maximize storage with your grip bag...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsV229273Q

I can also fit about 21-22 drivers in the main. 5 mids in the putter pocket (3 on the bottom and 2 sticking behind. 2 putters in the accessory pocket. 1 putter in the flap that closes the main compartment. and 2 putters in the pouch below the main compartment. When you put this many in the bag it really takes from the accessibility of the bag. In my opinion is way a DIY bag is the way to go but you have to find a bag and then hopefully you can figure out how to build a pvc frame. Here's a video on how to maximize storage with your grip bag...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsV229273Q

This guys posts confuse me.

I like my L series. But a Mahal is the best out right now

For all the people who voted L-Series, do you like it better than the A-Series? Have you just never owned an A-Series? If you have owned both which do you prefer & why? I have only owned the A-Series so I know much less about the L-Series.

I love my Simian, I've tried several other bags and haven't found any that I liked as much. It has plenty of disc space for me, and huge storage space for other stuff. The built in seat is a huge perk for me, I don't like carrying a stool but I do like being able to sit down once in a while.

Simian. Echo Mashnut on the seat, plus the little pocket & velco straps to hold an open umbrella above my head when carrying the bag. GB put a lot of thought into his design and it shows.

No Contest...

I was in love with my Contender until yesterday when I tried on a Grip A-Series what at a tournament. The Grip was so much more comfortable! My Contender is indestructable, but the materials are "soft" and just feel stiff. I always know I have it on... but the Grip was like butter.

Kinda like comparing steel-toed work boots to a pair of nice slippers.

I'll be selling my Contender and Rangers (from worlds... never used) and buying a Grip.

Latest posts