• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best disc you have ever lost?

I lost a brand new ESP Surge and the following week lost my first disc ever-Avenger SS-in back-to-back rounds on the same hole at Flip City. Vaporized...:confused:

:thmbdown: to the troll that watches my disc sail over the hill on hole 17 and then jumps into Bill's pool with it before I get there. <--only logical explanation

Echo Star Valk....water...saw it 20' out sitting on a log. Deep water, plus it was during a 100 hole tourney.

CE Leopard, disc was simply butter and my first ace disc a Star Teebird. Everything else just blends together into the vast ocean of lost plastic i have donated over the years.

A Champ Wraith. 175

Not expensive, but this one in particular -- well, let's just say I've never had a disc that would perform like that one.:(

167 Old Gummy Champ Flattop Beast. Best tail wind disc I ever had.

best? my first run pro teebird (disc I learned to throw on)

otherwise? DX valk ryan gave to me that was the straightest shooter I had

Other than that, probably the star shark I bought and lost the next day =(

what is the best disc you have ever lost
because i have recently lost a gummy champ spider, i looked
for that disc forever it seemed like but ended up just leaving
it.

whats the best disc you have ever lost and how long did you look?

Dude, where have you been?

Lost a pretty new Star Boss, in a raging creek in a tournament a couple weeks ago, wasn't allowed to look for it and the spotter wasn't paying attention and didn't see where it went in. Other than that the only disc I've ever 'lost' I just threw out in to the middle of the woods on a course b/c I didn't want it anymore and either did the guys I was with (A super flippy Star Destroyer I had already found broken in).

GAH! I would have traded any star disc for a super flippy beat up star destroyer!!!

I've lost 4 special blend Orcs. Granted it was over the course of years, but each one hurt. The last, a deep blue buffalo stamp made me seriously think about paying ebay prices for more.

First Run Organic Magic. Smelled like Karo syrup on a hot tire.
Left it in the 18th basket at the end of the round.
Sigh.
160g dyed Z-XS, flat-top old mold. It just flew straight. Never had another one like it.
Left it on the ground after the shot and forgot about it until that evening.
Darn-it!
170g beat-to-heck Glo Stratus. It would go out about 150' and flip over like a beat dog.
Left it somewhere on the course during a doubles match.
Shoot.

I have lost way too many good discs...some brand new, some treasured ones, really wish I played easier courses but every course near me is a disc thief.....most recent loss was a star orc just left it on a fairway and didnt remember til I was 100 miles away!

I hate that feeling! I usually discover it during my round tho and I've been lucky, most groups that are behind me will give it back to me. It bugs me tho that I have to ask if they saw or found it.

Couple summers ago I lost a first run CE Valk. My favorite disc ever. Shanked it into a lake.

6 weeks later I found it. =)

I lost a 2001 USDGC CE Roc. New Year's Day - 2009. Didn't so much lose it, I just threw it for a mullie and forgot it. Never saw it again. That was dumb.

I lost a first run champion boss in shoulder high grass/weeds at North Lake in Denton, TX. I looked for about 45 minutes for that thing and then came back the next morning and looked for another 45 minutes. I was really digging that disc at the time, but I think my game is better off without it now. It wasn't the most consistent disc for me.

i lost a dyed star boss that i bought off of ebay for $22. prism pink flyod dye. i didn't realize it was missing out of my bag until about a month later. now i check my bag after every hole.

1st place 10X KC Pro Roc in the creek at Franklin Simpson in KY.
2nd place Broken in 1st run Champ Boss at the top of a tree in Hendersonville TN. I threw water bottles at that thing for an hour, but the tree refused to turn it loose.
3rd place First run ESP Force that I lost in the pond early last year at Smyrna TN. I went in after it a month later when it warmed up a little and found 18 discs, but none were my own.

All have been and any future discs can be replaced. The lesson I learned is that if I truely value something, I shouldn't put it in jepeordy. Bottom line is, if you throw something over a body of water, you better damn well be prepared to never touch that disc again.

A 1.2 Sirius Orion LF. Three days old. My favorite Orion LF stamp.. I still don't understand how it disappeared where it did.

I threw my tye dyed Sirius Orion LF in the Brazos River at McKenzie Park in Lubbock, TX just yesterday (hole 17). It was in like new condition. Bummer.

A 172g Champ Beast. It was well worn in and flew like a dream. It now resides in the lake at Ft Yargo, Winder, GA :mad:

It was the first champ disc that I purchased...

Latest posts