• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc youve ever lost...?

Value of a disc is relative, but I had finally gotten a dx wraith beat to the point I could throw it dead straight for a long way and I threw it into a pond/stream that was virtually irretrievable since I couldnt tell where it was at all. Had it been local I would have climbed n the water to find it but I was visiting some family and didnt want to explain the fact I went into a smelly algae filled pond/stream to find a disc I lost!

I have not lost anything but DX discs so nothing rare or expensive so far.

Mine was a 169g Star Destroyer 2nd run. It had almost no dome and a friend later told me it was probably a flat-top destroyer. I had worked that thing in so well and it was perfect til I turned it over too much one day and lost it in the brush - it was a green disc. It was really thin in the flight plate area and one could grab the middle of the disc with a finger and thumb and really feel how thin/bendable it is.. the friggin flight plate was almost lower that the rim itself. I have since gone thru 8 destroyers that just didn't compare.

Good news is this new Katana almost closely fills that gap - still haven't been able to push it out quite as far as my beloved and lost forever destroyer.

A sweet tie dyed Champ Sidewinder. I was practicing forehand drives and I forgot to pick it up. What a jerk.

Time to get a bow saw...

champ sidewinder, custom died with a walrus (the one in my avatar), hit a hollowed out tree, broke through a thin spot and fell to the bottom. I couldn't believe it.

Get the bow saw... make a football sized hole.

Sometimes you just have to do, what you have to do.

A flourescent green Star Destroyer. Perfectly beat in and the first disc I could consistently if not accurately throw over 300ft. My name and number are on the back. Call me, kynd reward.

Honorable mention goes to a teal colored FLX Surge SS. Drove it with a stiff tailwind. Bad form, it flipped and rolled, and rolled, and rolled, and rolled... Right into a deep and murky pond. Bu-bys Surge. Doubt I'll get that one back, the pond was in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

One of the first run Cores...twas a beautiful disc. RIP at the bottom of the creek.

Sidewinder, 167 Champion Tye Dye....first throw! That's expensive.

I posted this back in Sept, I lost it in mid-August, about 60 miles away.

Just got a call, someone found it and is givng it to my cousin, who I will see over the Christmas stretch.

How about that...:D

I've got 2 that are both about equal.

1. I bought a Dx Destroyer, when they just came out. I was going to practice at the beach, and I didn't really think about the tide. First throw with my new Disc, it lands on a wave coming in and rides it out to sea. I couldn't get to it fast enough, and it was gone. After only one throw. It was a nice throw though!

2. I just lost my 3rd wraith to an errant throw! At my practice field none the less. There is a pond, but it had never been a concern before. Well, I had extended my area, by moving the Tee area back 100ft, to give me 400 total. Well I, Mr Shankopotomus, Shanked one (Are you ready for this) It did a 90degree turn to the RIGHT!! and as if the planets aligned in a single formation, my disc went straight for this pond. It's sunken with a high bank all around the pond. I know ballpark where it went in, but I couldn't tell you specifically. It's hard to not go back and check the water to see if I see it. I've taken a rake to try to find it, but I got NADA. :( It was just the right amount of flippiness to keep it in a straight line and a skosh to the right.:wall:

Where oh where have the DX Panthers gone?

My ancient DX Panther that would get me out of any bind. It was beat in just perfectly. Couldn't tell you how I lost it, but one day I reached in my bag and it just wasn't there.

And now, with the Panthers only coming in Champ plastic, I don't see this ever being rectified.

<sniff>

Latest posts