• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best NC courses not Charlotte Area

I only play the course during the tournament - and we always play the back pin on 3.

The front pin would be better b/c it would produce a lot more 2's and not many less 4's.
while i don't disagree with this statement i still don't think there is anything wrong with hard par 3's. The main reason why i have never incoporated the shorts is one i am not a fan of most of them. two i like to keep producing statistics. If i was to ever consider any of the Alt's 3 would be the first on my list.

Wow, you must score really poorly at that course Bravethrower. I really had to think to remember all the trees on #5. I've never hit any. :D

Yeah, those trees aren't that random, there are plenty of lines through there. Not a plinko hole at all IMO.

Castle Hayne near Wilmington, UNC in Chapel Hill & Richmond Hills in Asheville. These are the best courses I personally have played outside of Charlotte.

Some times I think UNC is overrated, then other times I think it's underrated. Layout wise it's nothing special, mostly straight shots either through a gap or wide open. Though at the same time it has some absolutely gorgeous holes and great elevation changes. It takes a beating from out of towners because it's not the most intuitive course to follow if you don't know the layout, and the basket numbers are wrong so that throws people off.

2, 5, 13 and 14 are some of the best looking and funnest holes in NC for sure.

UNC is probably still my favorite in that area. Hole 5 was way prettier/challenging before they cut down all those little trees though.

I love hole 2 but my only complaint is I don't like to actually try and make a great drive b/c the rough on the left is a pain in the arse to look for discs in and you can't really see from the tee generally where your disc went if you went in there. :\

Hole 10 sucks (line is all janky) and hole 6 is a NAGS for noodle arms.

I'm generally unconcerned with people who can't throw at least 300 and get a 20' putt on 6.

I'm generally unconcerned with people who can't throw at least 300 and get a 20' putt on 6.

Yeah but it's a boring 3 if you can't and a boring 2 if you can. There's just nothing going for that hole at all.

I definitely agree that hole is boring, seems like they could either cut some woods out on the left behind where it sticks out a bit and put a basket back there. Or cut some woods out on the right and stick the basket in there.

I definitely agree that hole is boring, seems like they could either cut some woods out on the left behind where it sticks out a bit and put a basket back there. Or cut some woods out on the right and stick the basket in there.

And tee off from under the bridge, lol.

Some times I think UNC is overrated, then other times I think it's underrated. Layout wise it's nothing special, mostly straight shots either through a gap or wide open. Though at the same time it has some absolutely gorgeous holes and great elevation changes. It takes a beating from out of towners because it's not the most intuitive course to follow if you don't know the layout, and the basket numbers are wrong so that throws people off.

2, 5, 13 and 14 are some of the best looking and funnest holes in NC for sure.

A pack of numbers at Home Depot is like $4. Can a local just bite the bullet and re-number them correctly? Seems like a simple way to make the DG experience better.

I did this a few years ago. Drove up to Philly and played Iron Hill while there. A few of the baskets were not numbered. So, I just went down to Innova before my next trip a few months later got numbers, and numbered the baskets there. This is a course 500 miles away! Surely someone in Raleigh could figure out how to properly number a course.

haha... yea i guess we could do that. never really thought about it. when you know where you're going it's never a problem. i don't think i even notice the numbers when i'm there.

Doing something at UNC's course, even something simple and obviously helping as Mark suggested is a great way for that course to be pulled.