• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] best putter out there

sniper81

im currently using a champion ryno and its not bad but when it is windy i cant make a medium put to save my life so looking for a wind friendly putter

If a rhyno isn't cutting it for you for wind... it might be the archer, but you could always try a zone for more stability, same low profile, and less glide.

Interesting. The only way I'd ever use a ryno is in wind. I personally think it's a terrible putter, but a good overstable approach discs. You will putt better with ANYTHING other than that. JMO, YMMV.

After experiencing a very windy tournament round where I putted terribly thanks to wind.....I bought a Vibram VP and have had no such problems since.

If you like the Rhyno, stick with it. It is known as a good wind putter.

Do you have a light ryhno? Maybe it's a light one. Make sure you have a max weight one for windy days.

If you like the Rhyno, stick with it. It is known as a good wind putter.

I agree.

Pro pigs are better than ryhnos ;)

False :thmbdown: I've got a Pig & a Rhyno & the Rhynos better in the wind b/c it has less glide.

Do you have a light ryhno? Maybe it's a light one. Make sure you have a max weight one for windy days.

This was my question also, b/c I've never heard of a max weight Rhyno faltering in the wind.

Having been throwing darts for straight, low-wind shots and rhynos for everything else for years now, I have recently almost completely replaced both with the new discmania P3. I use a couple of D lines at different wear levels in most places I would have thrown a dart before, with a bit of wear these have the same flight as a r pro dart with slightly less glide, which has actually helped me stop over throwing my longest putts. I use the c line P3 for everything else since it has just as much stability and wind resistance as my favorite zipper rhyno, and fits my hand much better too. Just gotta find a way to unload all these super-rare, overpriced rhynos now...

In short, if you like the feel of a mid in your hands more than a putter but still want a slower flight pattern for p and a shots, try the p3!

the ryno is 171, im going to try a different way of putting today called the turbo put i practiced a little in my living room and it seems to be more accurate for me than the normal way so im going to try it today and see