• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] best putter out there

A wise man on YouTube once told me; "You need a disc with a lot of glide, like the Ion. Don't. Go out and buy a Rhyno or Zone because they have very little glide and they're difficult to get to the basket".

That advice is pretty sound, and it's the reason you're struggling when you get further away from the basket. Turbo putting is good to practice once in a while because it's situationally usefull, but it's not the answer. Trust me. I went down that road and it's filled with nothing but disappointment.

Getting more spin on the longer putts seems to help cut the wind. Even without a Rhyno.

Sorry Rhyno fans. This wasn't meant to be a Rhyno bashing post. :)

A wise man on YouTube once told me; "You need a disc with a lot of glide, like the Ion. Don't. Go out and buy a Rhyno or Zone because they have very little glide and they're difficult to get to the basket".

That advice is pretty sound, and it's the reason you're struggling when you get further away from the basket. Turbo putting is good to practice once in a while because it's situationally usefull, but it's not the answer. Trust me. I went down that road and it's filled with nothing but disappointment.

Getting more spin on the longer putts seems to help cut the wind. Even without a Rhyno.

That wise man needs better grammar.

Also glidier putters are good but not always better for the putting style of the person.

How are your putts missing? Left? Right? Up? Down? Not getting to the basket? Slipping through? We need info.

But practicing is good.

I'd have to agree & say not to use the turbo putting style as your main style but it's defiantly a great tool to have when you need it. I drive off the tee with a Champ Rhyno (& putt with it on very very very windy days) but IMO putting with a straight or slightly stable putter is the best bet (Aviar, Ion, Challenger ect.).

when i release it it goes straight but when the wind hits it, it floats up and goes left cause i throw right handed

ill try to keep all the info in mind when i go out today its little breezy here so i can get some better practice in on the wind

im currently using a champion ryno and its not bad but when it is windy i cant make a medium put to save my life so looking for a wind friendly putter

Work on your form. Also, try a nice flat and more stiff rhyno to help with the wind. Just so you know, the Rhyno is THE wind putter. Unless you're putting in a hurricane, the Rhyno should be fine.

Interesting. The only way I'd ever use a ryno is in wind. I personally think it's a terrible putter, but a good overstable approach discs. You will putt better with ANYTHING other than that. JMO, YMMV.

Has played less then a year and only 1 course. Seems legit. :|

i thought about getting my old ryno out its the dx hard plastic model you can get from wally world and trying it out i might do that today if i can find it:thmbup:

I have been using an Innova Aviar Yeti for a long time. I've never tried a Ryno. I also recently got the ABC Money and I love the way it sticks to my fingers. It lands pretty flat as well.

The wizard/ion/ridge molds are nice because they fly very similar and the material used to make them determines their usefulness for you. I putt with the ridge, but use the ion for most approaches, and only passed on wizards because it was hard to find one that feels just like mine.

What really matters for putting, based on what I have read and my experience, is how you feel about your putter. The ridge makes me feel confident. The grip is good and it putts well for straddle, pus, and spin putts that I have used. The ion just doesn't feel as much like a sure thing in the circle, but if it feels right for you you will make more putts.

i thought about getting my old ryno out its the dx hard plastic model you can get from wally world and trying it out i might do that today if i can find it:thmbup:

A Champ Rhyno is going to be better in the wind than a DX Rhyno. DX has a little more glide and I've had them get pushed around by the wind a little. Any wind issues you are having with that Champ Rhyno aren't going to be fixed with a different putter.