• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best sidearm/flick putter

Zone if I am trying crank it or have it fade. Other than that the pure is amazing from 150 in, especially within 100'. Long slow anhyzers and slow sweeping hyzers.

Zone has been, and most likely will always be, my main fh putter. I didn't mind flicking a Rhyno or Pig before that though.

Another vote for VP.

Zones, rhynos, wizards, and ridges are other ones I like.

The disc in your bag!
People always think there are magic discs for flicks, truth is you can throw any of your discs with a forehand and get the same opposite flights you get with backhand. I throw my main putter,ws swan, 150'and in for most shots ( hyzer, hyzer flip, slow fades left, and anny) and straight drives up to 250'. I reach for my zone if I need something OS to work an s turn, finnish hard right, or for a megahyzer.

Leave no disc unflicked!

I'm really digging the Envy for longer, super straight forehands. For shorter upshots and "get out of trouble" shots I used to use my KC Aviar but I am discovering the magic of the Champion Polecat.

cooker is right though. Really any disc can be forehanded. Putters tend to be less forgiving, which is why I use them for shorter flicks, and use a lot more wrist action, keeping my elbow tucked right up against my ribs, basically shortarming it. I can give the Envy more of a traditional forehand throw, and get a nice straight flight out of it.

I mean any putter can be thrown FH I just don't see much difference or need to state one its basically going to be a putter in your bag I would assume lol.
I have to agree. I don't know anyone who carries a different putter just for forehand putter shots. That doesn't mean there's no one out there who does, but for me forehanding a putter is a "last resort" type shot and I am not going to carry around a disc for a shot that I should only need every few rounds at the most.

To stay on topic: When I do have one of those "last resort" type shots I usually flick my VP. It's a little less squirrely than the other two putters that have been fighting for a spot in my bag.

My favorite flick putter is a Pro Rhyno.
I use it around the basket from about 150' in.
No skip, no roll.

I like the Rhyno. A Zone is too close to a mid for me and tends to go longer than I want. But don't get me wrong, Zones are killer for flicks.

I bag two molds of putters, Pure and Rhyno. The Pure is my go to but the Rhyno is fades harder if I need it. I can flick either one but the Rhyno was easier for me to flick at first. I have recently had great success flicking my Pure too. I will agree with others who said that the best putter to flick is the one in your bag.

Can flick most any putter, but it all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to drive 300 feet flicking a putter, you won't be very happy with your consistency.

With that said, the best success I've had is with a fusion judge. For upshots, it really doesn't matter much to me, but I prefer a neutral putter to hold an anny line with no fade.

The disc in your bag!
People always think there are magic discs for flicks, truth is you can throw any of your discs with a forehand and get the same opposite flights you get with backhand. I throw my main putter,ws swan, 150'and in for most shots ( hyzer, hyzer flip, slow fades left, and anny) and straight drives up to 250'. I reach for my zone if I need something OS to work an s turn, finnish hard right, or for a megahyzer.

Leave no disc unflicked!

glad someone said it. whatever your driving putter is, you should be able to flick it too. every disc in my bag from my putters to my distance drivers i can flick consistently.

Aviar, just goes so straight. I throw them up to about 150, then switch to midrange from there.

zones for my stable-overstable duties. wizards for my understable-stable duties

Innova pig! Super overstable for a putter. They have some sweet stiff pro pigs in the proshop online. Has a thick rim that's comfortable. Holds a great line with soft to medium throw

Latest posts