• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Understable Mid Range

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So I recently had my star mako snag from out of my bag. I used it for all of my anhyzer shots (RHBH) since it never came back. The only problem was that it was very touchy and a little too much anny and it would turn into a roller. I was curious to see what people use for their anny's, in particular anny's that don't come back. I have a core that I use but to get it to anny consistently is a tad bit difficult. Any help would be great.

Most of the time, my most beat roc is great for those shots, though I do carry a stingray for sharp annys, tailwinds, rollers etc.

If a star Mako is a little turns a little harder than you want, then I dont think you'll want a Meteor. Comet maybe but I think you might like to try to turn over something closer to stable like a Core or Buzzz or maybe a broke in Roc. Since you say you have a hard time with the Core; are you using an opto or a GL? Maybe try lighter and in GL or a lighter Buzzz in X plastic.

What you are talking about with it turning just a little too hard is the reason I like to throw turnovers with just stable to very slightly understable discs.

You may wish to consider a Gateway Element or a Millenium Aurora. I'm partial to those over a beat Roc. For under stable, I'm more partial to the Element over the Aurora. I haven't tried a Buzz yet but have one on order.

i like the buzzz, but i find it dead on straight, not that understable. I like the archangel, thrown softly. I like the stingray as well.

The Buzzz isn't understable at all. I don't know why everyone keeps mentioning it. Guys with big arms can throw a Z Buzzz flat and it not flip.

I think an Elite-X Comet is the best production midrange out there. I have about 350' of golf D, and a 175g X Comet was great for me. Flat, it turns over and glides. Hyzer, it flips up and flies redonkulously straight.

One of the most enjoyable discs I've ever thrown.

Anyone saying beat up discs : not realy helpful. I could use my boss, if it is beat up enugh. That is not realy the point though, is it ?

Buzzz : Yes, you can throw it in a nice anhyzer and it will fade right and right till it lands. So yes, you can use it for these shots. If you want it more flippy, as i said, take the comet.

Anyone saying beat up discs : not realy helpful. I could use my boss, if it is beat up enugh. That is not realy the point though, is it ?

For a lot of people, it is the point. Using a stable disc that's broken in gives you a much more consistent and less squirrely turn over disc.

Latest posts