• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to cover up ink on bottom of disc...

KnownKiller

Par Member
I found a Flick 150 on my home course and it has 4 names and 4 scratched off phone numbers on it. What is the best way to either clean it completely or cover it up?

wouldn't black dye be the only color that blocks out the ink?

then if your drive lands upside down in the brush, your looking for a black disc in the rough :)

No, if you dye it the same color as the disc, it will make that ink fainter.

I did the same thing with a red marker on a red disc. You could still see the ink, but it wasn't as bold.

get some oxyclean powder and a green kitchen scrubby. sprinkle some powder on plastic, wet the scrubby and use a little elbow grease. The ink will be barely noticeable after 2 minutes.

I use Goo Gone to get permanent marker off the back of discs -- seems to work well if you let it sit on there for a little while. Rubbing alcohol works well too....but, I recently found that both of these take the paint off Discraft FLX discs, so be careful when using it on that plastic....

Garret

get this stuff called Goo Gone and scrub it on there vigorously. i've had mixed results with this; sometimes the ink is nearly invisible after, and other times it doesn't seem to remove it very well at all.

I haven't had much luck with the Magic Eraser. It gets a bunch of dirt off, but not much for ink.

if the disc is old, you're probably S.O.L.

if the ink is relatively new, acetone has worked well for me.

Try a product called Unseal, I think you can find it at picture frame shops, or just scrape with a razor blade.

i found the best way is with another sharpie....depending on the plastic and time its been in there. sharpie over it then alcohol to remove the new sharpie. if you do it right you may see the old sharpie coming off with the new application prior to using alcohol to get it off

i find this funny cause 2 years ago if you mentioned removing sharpie this would have turned into a finding/returning discs argument in less than 10 posts lol. on that note, if it is kinda new sharpie i use hairspray, spray it on and scrub with a toothbrush. works about 50% of the time, and doesnt leave any damage

straight acetone. people say it doesnt work but if you take your time it will take it all off. i have dione this many times

Latest posts