• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best way to get a disc out of a tree

My buddy has a tape measure, but it flops over around 15-20 feet so you need to run it along a branch for support. Not sure he has a fatmax though.

I throw rocks, or just cry and then buy another. I think I've lost 3 Discs on the first throw in my short career already.

Uh, careful there. Don't bring it to courses that are on school grounds, for example.

It's clear plastic, looks like a squirt gun. But I don't take it out of the bag if I'm on school ground or busy park. Not worth the hassle of explaining myself to the authorities.

Now there's a selling point for Gorilla Boy: "Our bags come with trained monkeys who retrieve treed discs... just don't run out of bananas."

On 2nd thought, I don't wanna put up with the mess on all the courses. :thmbdown:

But they are TRAINED monkeys. Eh? :D

I brought a high power slingshot and a bag of rocks to the course today. I hit the disc 6 times and its still ****ing stuck!

I brought a high power slingshot and a bag of rocks to the course today. I hit the disc 6 times and its still ****ing stuck!

You know what you have to do now.
air-hogs.png

Falcon. It's a long process. Years and you devote tone of time with training, permits, and care. Not to mention all the money. But it will pay for itself in a few years.

The best way I have recovered things from trees is using a heavy dist like a boomerang. You want to hit the branch just above the object and it should get shook loose.

I would say a chainsaw.

I already said chainsaw, but what about if there is an owl nest in there or a reticulated green salamander lives in the roots!??!!

My 69 Y/o dad climbed a cedar at AM Nats last year in the final round, to retrieve one of my discs. He was on blood thinners and it looked like he was goign to bleed out for the next 5-6 holes.

A buddy's disc got stuck in a tree for a few weeks - way to high to get up to; we're talking an easy 60 feet here. After a big wind storm I went to go see if it had dropped out, and found three discs lying in the fairway. What a good day that was. :D

Slingshot is a good option. Everything else[water bottle, baseball, other discs, hockey puck] will eventually get caught in the tree. Seen it happen.

If bottles, baseballs, and hockey pucks get stuck in the tree, what makes you think that throwing a slingshot up at it wouldn't?

I've seen someone carry a rope and then tie it to a larger piece of a fallen branch/stick. The idea they had was to toss it up, get it over the branch, then use it to shake the branch. It got stuck no where close enough, and they couldn't get it down haha. Maybe this helps or maybe it's a good idea of what not to do. Either way hopefully you got it back.

Latest posts