• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best way to get a disc out of a tree

After reading this thread, I went out and bought a slingshot. Even if it doesn't get every disc out of the trees, there are other target opportunities out there. Just sayin' :p

I got a brand new stiletto stuck in a tree today and I just couldn't get it down. I nailed it with a rock but it was stuck to good and its too high to poke it out with any kind of stick so I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas.

Why are you throwing womens shoes at trees?

An extension ladder and a lightweight extending pole of some sort. How good are you with at casting with a fishing rod? Sling shot sounds fun unless its a crowded area.

This happened to me today and I actually ended up throwing my ENTIRE BAG at the disc, which worked like a charm. :)

Admittedly could have ended in hilarious disaster, though.

A hardball sits in the bottom of my open bottle holder. Also functions to keep a beer can elevated enough to grap without digging into the sleeve. Win-Win.

Keep a cat in your bag. If a disc is really stuck throw the cat at it; make sure to tie a string to it's tail otherwise it will probably run away. If the cat happens to get stuck, call the Fire Dpt to get the cat; and grab your disc while their up there. Fool-proof.

Last edited:
Keep a cat in your bag. If a disc is really stuck throw the cat at it; make sure to tie a string to it's tail otherwise it will probably run away. If the cat happens to get stuck, call the Fire Dpt to get the cat; and grab your disc while their up there. Fool-proof.

The fire department, of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Dr. Feelgood dials 911: Hello, I have a Stilletto stuck in a tree. Please send help!

911: A Stilletto? You mean a shoe or a knife?

Dr. Feelgood: lets just say someone could get harmed if it is not safely rescued.

I would suggest you also throw a Katana up in the tree. Then you could say "My Kat is stuck in a tree, please help".

pardon me for laughing, but i think it's funny that a lot of you carry extra equipment to get discs out of trees. i mostly play wooded courses and have never had an issue where i needed hockey pucks or lacrosse balls or golf balls to get a disc back. well, i never really get a disc stuck in a tree but i suppose i will today now that i've jinxed myself

the trick I learned from the guys in Hawaii is to use a contractor's tape measure that will extend out to +30' without bending.

Keep this in your trunk
image_16778.jpg

we need a max width of the images.

^^^I usually resort to a completely empty liquor bottle. [hic].

Aw, mub's spoilin' it. I keep a 12' tent pole in my bag and that suits 75% of recoveries. Baseball for 15%, slingshot for 8%, 2% gone with the wind.

Last edited:
I carry a lacross ball in the bag and a 1ft section of 4X4 in the car. I have managed to stick the ball, the 4X4, and another stick in the tree once. 4by is still up there. I will twine wrap the new one for recovery.

Latest posts