• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Turnoff?

When the local fag patrol is out trolling and stalking when I am playing by myself...creepy and makes me feel violated. Don't make eye contact don't look at his bikini bathing suit either just walk away walk away....Oh great he's camping out at the next tee pad....wtf...not again!

:confused::mad:

So you are saying the biggest turnoff to a guy is when you are the biggest turnon to a guy? :)

For me it is normally the crowds. For this very reason after 2 years I still have not played Kentwood in Raleigh. Ones these days I will play it just to say I have but I feel I'm not missing much.

I absolutely refuse to play a course if I see fat naked midgets iceskating on or near the course. It is one of my pet peaves.

The only thing that'll stop me is people picnicking and stuff all over the course.

I've got a course half a mile from my house that I've only played twice for that exact reason - I just hate the thought of braining some little kid. Again. :(

Globeville in Denver turned me off. First we looked all over for signs of the first tee. We could approximate where it was and figured it was a square in the sidewalk by the sign. Then we looked for the first basket, well, it was a tone pole. I don't mind tone poles, but it was over a septic pond. The person with me didn't want to throw over the stench and wanted to skip the first hole. The second hole: We looked all around the first tone pole and couldn't really find where the second tee was for sure. We found the second tone pole and there was a large group of people sunbathing between the two. So, we skipped the second hole. Next we came to a field where we saw multiple tone poles, still not knowing what a tee pad looks like at this course, we decided to give it up.

Now: here is the question. I didn't play the course, should I write up a review saying the above or leave it up to someone who actually played the course? I thought that you must play a course before you can write a review.

I hate crowds. We have a local course that you have to play before 1 or 2 pm or its pointless. I have seen up to 40 people waiting to tee off. When I see that on hole one I bang a u turn and drive to another course. I cant stand waiting 20 minutes at every hole. Lack of signage and unkept courses are another huge turn off. Searching for the next teepad or basket is almost as bad as searching for your disc in waist deep scrub.

Slight crowds don't bother me, but those groups of 14 douchebag kids each throwing 4 discs from each lie, yelling profanities like they're cool s--t, and NOT LETTING ANYONE PLAY THROUGH really gets me fuming...grr, just thinking about that is making me mad! I've had that experience at Vollrath in Sheboygan and Triangle (Baird Creek) in Green Bay.

I don't mind waiting if the course is good and the company is good. At Morley Field in CA, there's always a crowd but the people are friendly and fun to hang out with. On the other hand, Willow Stream Park in IL has crowds often, and they're not interested in playing with good etiquette or making new friends, so each tee means a long silent wait with a bunch of different groups all trying not to make eye contact...:rolleyes:

I cant stand tall grass or courses that arent manicured

I hate Vandals!

I hate when you go to the course and you find things written all over like, "So and So is a fag." "or So and So sucks Cock." The local course by my house is championship caliber, and was built for The Worlds, I believe 2002 or so but it has been taken over by vandalism and built up litter. It doesn't help that it is a free course. It makes me sad when I play there. :(

I hate when I'm traveling somewhere and I don't know the city very well. I get a few holes in and I finally notice the tell tale signs of a bad neighborhood. More police activity than usual. People uninterested in a fight who just casually walk around it. Loud music coming from crappy Honda Civics. Broken glass everywhere. Nearby pawn shops and liquor stores with bars on the windows. AN abandoned wheelchair in the water hazard, and just minutes before I actually thought it was a good thing that the course was close to the highway.

I have yet to go to a course there has been any real turn offs except for Greenwood Meadows...which is in a sewage ditch...

Obviously disc golf is not popular at all over here in new jersey and only one time have i been to a course here and actually seen a group of people playing! Usually i'm alone on the course or theres just one other guy and as we pass by each other we do the appreciative head nod.

Only thing i'm going to be worried about is my next trip includes 3 courses in pa. And at unami creek there's suppose to be a local tournament the day/time i'm going so i'm a bit worried about big crowds there.

The only thing that generally stops me is a line of more than 4 groups waiting in line at the first tee. And if that's the case, I will usually try back during a less busy time

Trash on the course when there are trash cans located all over the course. This is particularly bad at my local course in Farragut, TN.

I was traveling in Kansas and stopped to play a course I had heard good things about, But there was a pdga tour. getting ready to start. This was a public course in a public park. My wife and I were told we couldn't play on the course. I would have played anyway but my wife was with me. When tour stops are in public parks, legally, they cannot stop the public from playing. The tour staff were very rude to an older pdga #3946 pro because they didn't know any of the history that led to them knowing about this sport. That is one of the things that stops me from ever visiting kansas again, even for worlds.