• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Fuel Coffee Co.

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
Hello All!

Keith Elgart, of Element Discs, and I are on the verge of launching the first disc golf centric coffee label!

Disc Golf is something that has become a passion for everyone on DGCR. We want to eat, breathe and live the game. This is why we wanted create Birdie Fuel.
You may not be able to throw a round everyday... But you sure can prepare for one with our coffee catered for the disc golf fiend.

We are going to launch at the beginning of next month. Initially we will have three to four flavors and build upon that.

Our roaster is located in St. Louis and they have been in the industry for over a hundred years. Our blends will be bold, smooth & unpretentious.

Our goal with Birdie Fuel is for the DG players to have a little taste of the game every morning. I hope you guys like our idea. As always, I greatly appreciate the support you all have given my ideas over the years!

Like us on FB here: https://www.facebook.com/Birdie-Fuel-Coffee-Co-170894510379317/

Attachments

• birdie fuel logo.jpg
    birdie fuel logo.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 41
  • received_1894309607307771.jpeg
    received_1894309607307771.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 29
  • received_1894310413974357.jpeg
    received_1894310413974357.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 27
As a home roaster and dg addict, I love this idea!

Yes!
Home roasting is what brought me to this idea! My cast iron skillet has made some of the best coffee I've ever had.

I wanted to find a roaster that would small batch roast so that I didn't have to buy 100 lbs. At a time. We did just that!

Yes!
Home roasting is what brought me to this idea! My cast iron skillet has made some of the best coffee I've ever had.

I wanted to find a roaster that would small batch roast so that I didn't have to buy 100 lbs. At a time. We did just that!

I have a small hot air roaster which is great for personal use but even making a 5lb bag to gift someone can get daunting... I'll definitely give the birdie fuel a try though:thmbup:

Btw, the picture of the bird on the half cup/basket is awesome

Coffee and DG, together (officially) at last!

I'll take 5lbs of your finest Turkish blend, please.

Will you also create a logo for ball golfers so you can expand your demographics, sales and outlet opportunities. Good luck, love the logo and I can't wait for the Birdie Fuel discs

I love the logo wish nothing but the best for this endeavor, but Jtrod makes a valid point.
At the risk of being "That Guy"I just hope you're not necessarily marketing to too small a segment of the population.

Obviously, coffee appeals to a wide variety of people. Anyone could buy and enjoy this. Just can't help but think branding and marketing it like this may do more harm than good. How does having a such a limited primary market affect your volume, and ultimately the cost to consumers? For the most part, DG'ers aren't known for having oodles of disposable income.

If your coffee can't be competitively priced due to low volume, you might just price your product beyond what most of your primary market is willing to spend.

Ball Golfers on the other hand... more people, and typically willing and able to spend more.

Last edited:
Will you also create a logo for ball golfers so you can expand your demographics, sales and outlet opportunities. Good luck, love the logo and I can't wait for the Birdie Fuel discs

Already part of the larger plan - gotta get our feet wet with what we know best, then expand a little further into the areas we know well. DG is a scene both Jamie and I are heavily involved with and this is a starting point, not an end point....

JCassidy, I have been a fan of what you do, I bought a couple Gilas to show some forumn love. Hell, I bought a Tenacity just to have a Marmoset stamp...even though I knew it was too fast for me.

No more, I say!
As a home roaster and a disc golfer, my jealousy runnuth over my {coffee} cup.

All jokes, aside, good luck.

JCassidy, I have been a fan of what you do, I bought a couple Gilas to show some forumn love. Hell, I bought a Tenacity just to have a Marmoset stamp...even though I knew it was too fast for me.

No more, I say!
As a home roaster and a disc golfer, my jealousy runnuth over my {coffee} cup.

All jokes, aside, good luck.

Thanks for all the support!

The DG market is so packed with disc manufacturers but there is only ONE Birdie Fuel :)

Hello All!

Keith Elgart, of Element Discs, and I are on the verge of launching the first disc golf centric coffee label! ..

You will not be the first disc golf coffee company. A little history for you:

Kevin and Courtney McCoy started FrizzBeeCafe Coffee in 2008. While it is no longer in business, FrizzBee Cafe offered some specialty blends that had fun names like Hyzer Blend and Birdie Breakfast Brew. They also sponsored some PDGA events. It was excellent coffee!

2008 PDGA DISCussion: FrizzBeeCafe Coffee

2009 PDGA event: FrizzBeeCafe Open

You will not be the first disc golf coffee company. A little history for you:

Kevin and Courtney McCoy started FrizzBeeCafe Coffee in 2008. While it is no longer in business, FrizzBee Cafe offered some specialty blends that had fun names like Hyzer Blend and Birdie Breakfast Brew. They also sponsored some PDGA events. It was excellent coffee!

2008 PDGA DISCussion: FrizzBeeCafe Coffee

2009 PDGA event: FrizzBeeCafe Open

Wow!!

Well I appreciate the insight.

Birdie Fuel won't be the first DG coffee... It'll be the best DG coffee :)

I love the logo wish nothing but the best for this endeavor, but Jtrod makes a valid point.
At the risk of being "That Guy"I just hope you're not necessarily marketing to too small a segment of the population.

Obviously, coffee appeals to a wide variety of people. Anyone could buy and enjoy this. Just can't help but think branding and marketing it like this may do more harm than good. How does having a such a limited primary market affect your volume, and ultimately the cost to consumers? For the most part, DG'ers aren't known for having oodles of disposable income.

If your coffee can't be competitively priced due to low volume, you might just price your product beyond what most of your primary market is willing to spend.

Ball Golfers on the other hand... more people, and typically willing and able to spend more.

Agree with all of this... Specialty coffee is already pretty saturated. Even without attempting to target a niche in a niche market, it would be tough to turn a profit. I dont buy expensive whole bean coffee all the time. Once in a while sure. So, if your product was on the shelf, I would try it. But, I could care less if my coffee has pictures on the package that relate to disc golf. The coffee would have to be better than what is already out there for me to purchase a second time. If this is something you are planning on doing for fun thats one thing. I am highly skeptical that there is any profit to made on coffee that is being marketed to such an incredibly small niche market.

Latest posts