• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] boss frustrations

iDisc

Par Member
i bought the boss and it is an awesome disc. but the problem i had with it is that the most outside part of the rim is very thin and weak. it got a big scrape about 2 inches long on the side just from hitting grass and dirt. this thin outside is very weak and now im pissed at the boss.

it has little shavings of plastic on it that are sticking out and irritating my hand. does anyone know how to get rid of this?

802.1C Players may not make post-production modification of discs which alter their original flight characteristics. This rule does not forbid inevitable wear and tear from usage during play or the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrape marks. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal. See sections 802.01 D, E and F.

If they are sticking out and bothing you I would try a light sanding to see if it helps.

I don't have too many problems with my boss, he is a pretty good guy. :D

did about an hour of open field throwing with my drivers today including 2 bosses. I was very impressed. it was the first time ive really gotten to let them rip, and i liked what i saw.

I've seen on Ebay bosses that have a "domey" top. What advantage does this have? How much different is a Boss with a "non-domey" top?

i have one of each and you can definitely tell the difference. the flatter one will fly with more of an s-curve if you really crank it. the domier one will give you a better straight hyzer line.

I carry a sharp pocket knife and trim off any sharp plastic sticking out after I hit something.

Domier = more glide

more glide = more time in the air but also more effected by wind

So with the boss ... if Im ordering one online is the "domier" or less "domey" entirely unique to each disc? or for example are the first run bosses domier than the later runs (or vice versa).

i picked up 2 at USDGC and the asthetic difference is slight, but the innova guy at the pro shop could tell the difference and said it was because the rim is so wide there are some inconsistency when molded. i think.

weird, because its usually the more domey, the more understable the disc becomes. Look at the Raodrunner and the sidewinder, way domey. I dont have a Boss yet, but is there some other design difference that makes it opposite?

weird, because its usually the more domey, the more understable the disc becomes. Look at the Raodrunner and the sidewinder, way domey. I dont have a Boss yet, but is there some other design difference that makes it opposite?

The way I understand it the dome increases the glide and does not really affect stability. The increased glide keeps the disc is in the air longer which means it will have more time to fade. The more time a disc has to fade the more it will fade and this makes the disc seem more stable. The monarch is the perfect example. It is very understable but it has so much glide that it has more time to "come back" after you turn it over.

The Monarch glides??? News to me. Flips the blank over into the ground and won't come back when thrown hyzer. It sucks.
oh man, the Monarch glides amazingly!

you have to throw that thing with close to 50-60% power and with a right to left wind(rhbh)...otherwise yeah, that sucker is roll over monster.