• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Getting to 1000 would be amazing for someone so new to the sport, but even more impressive to me is his marketing value. For a guy who's not in the same league as the top players, the demand for his discs is insane. I still don't understand the hype around this guy, though in the video I watched above he comes across as a nice guy and enthusiastic about the sport. I guess he's more relatable to the rec players like us, always trying to improve.

He figured out social media early on. When started watching DG vids on youtube this summer, his were always top recommendations.

Unless something pops up here I don't watch his stuff anymore. Never been a big fanboy type.

He figured out social media early on. When started watching DG vids on youtube this summer, his were always top recommendations.

Unless something pops up here I don't watch his stuff anymore. Never been a big fanboy type.

Me neither. If I want to watch someone of Brodie's caliber, I can watch any, of a handful of local pros, at a local tournament every weekend. Plenty of nearly 1000 rated and above guys at every one. Often as good as locals Barham or Marwede. The missing element is social media. I am not really on any, nor look at any....DGCR excluded. But, I hope the guys does well.

Me neither. If I want to watch someone of Brodie's caliber, I can watch any, of a handful of local pros, at a local tournament every weekend. Plenty of nearly 1000 rated and above guys at every one. Often as good as locals Barham or Marwede. The missing element is social media. I am not really on any, nor look at any....DGCR excluded. But, I hope the guy does well.
But do they throw scoobers? ;)

Me neither. If I want to watch someone of Brodie's caliber, I can watch any, of a handful of local pros, at a local tournament every weekend.

I'm not particularly a Brodie fanboy, but that is kind of an absurd comparison.

I can climb in bed, hit 5 or so buttons on my controller and watch a 10 minute Brodie video.

...or I can look up a local pro on the PDGA website, find their schedule, then wait several days, then spend time searching local FB groups to see the groups, then get up early on the weekend, drive 15 minutes to an hour, then maybe walk a mile to try to find the top players.

I'm not particularly a Brodie fanboy, but that is kind of an absurd comparison.

I can climb in bed, hit 5 or so buttons on my controller and watch a 10 minute Brodie video.

...or I can look up a local pro on the PDGA website, find their schedule, then wait several days, then spend time searching local FB groups to see the groups, then get up early on the weekend, drive 15 minutes to an hour, then maybe walk a mile to try to find the top players.

The difference here is you seem to want to watch disc golf. Playing disc golf while watching a 1000 rated player on the same course is much more fun than climbing in bed to watch a disc golf video.

The difference here is you seem to want to watch disc golf. Playing disc golf while watching a 1000 rated player on the same course is much more fun than climbing in bed to watch a disc golf video.

I understand what you guys are saying and I do cherish the opportunity to see really good players in person, but I can't do that in any kind of practical way at 10 pm on a Tuesday night. And me watching a couple of youtube shorts before I fall asleep doesn't come at the expense of missing out on playing disc golf.

I understand what you guys are saying and I do cherish the opportunity to see really good players in person, but I can't do that in any kind of practical way at 10 pm on a Tuesday night. And me watching a couple of youtube shorts before I fall asleep doesn't come at the expense of missing out on playing disc golf.

True. But you are missing out on a good movie. ;)

True. But you are missing out on a good movie. ;)

Me staying up to watch a movie is something that would cut into my disc golf because I'm going to be too tired to want to play when I got home from work the next day.

Always amusing when someone doesn't care for a thread, they post it in only to bump up the thread again. :clap:

I do cherish the opportunity to see really good players in perso

I know around here in the DFW area which is a hot bed for good players, the 1000 rated players are spread out pretty thin between minis, tournaments, etc. Not that easy to just show up some where and expect a high rated pro to be there. The exception was Emerson Kieth a couple of years back. Dude was everywhere, every weekend, in the DFW area before he started touring nationally.

but I can't do that in any kind of practical way at 10 pm on a Tuesday night. And me watching a couple of youtube shorts before I fall asleep doesn't come at the expense of missing out on playing disc golf.

Brodie's...an entertainer first, similar to Simon's channel, if you're entertained cool....if not...plenty of other channels to browse. Still waiting for Brodie to bring back the trick shot vids.

<3I don't care for a-hole fan boys like you

The infatuation with ol DiscFifty continues. <3 And now you're starting to talk dirty to me. <3 As sweet as your public display of affection is, it's a bit overwhelming. I remember telling my daughters back when they were in elementary not to be hurt when boys called them names because we knew what they really meant. It's ok Jay, I'm not upset, I get it. <3 All the best, muah! <3

The infatuation with ol DiscFifty continues. <3 And now you're starting to talk dirty to me. <3 As sweet as your public display of affection is, it's a bit overwhelming. I remember telling my daughters back when they were in elementary not to be hurt when boys called them names because we knew what they really meant. It's ok Jay, I'm not upset, I get it. <3 All the best, muah! <3

Fake!

??? I just checked Brodie's PDGA page...cool to see he has several tournaments coming up!

Upcoming Events: 2020 Las Vegas Halloween Classic Presented by Legacy Discs, KR8om presents The 30th Veterans Park Open Powered by Legacy Discs Pro Weekend, Dynamic Discs Presents the Trophy Club Open , The Open at Belton presented by Discraft

??? I just checked Brodie's PDGA page...cool to see he has several tournaments coming up!

Upcoming Events: 2020 Las Vegas Halloween Classic Presented by Legacy Discs, KR8om presents The 30th Veterans Park Open Powered by Legacy Discs Pro Weekend, Dynamic Discs Presents the Trophy Club Open , The Open at Belton presented by Discraft

No Eagle this year but it looks like some good players to compare him to on a course he should know better than travelling pros like Ezra, Austin, Barsby and Orum.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/43733

No Eagle this year but it looks like some good players to compare him to on a course he should know better than travelling pros like Ezra, Austin, Barsby and Orum.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/43733

Austin & Cat will be cool to watch. Barsby has a good following down here and he's always fun to watch in person. I'm surprised Ezra is playing, but after seeing him recently, he's going to be a good watch as well. Maybe you just called the feature card. lol..