• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Say you walk up to the tee of a 442 foot par 3. You see 9 players in the fairway from 150 to 250 feet out. Are you yelling asking to play thru and then trying to throw over the top of 9 people that are staring at the sun and likely can't track a disc?

If it's more than 5 on a card, without a doubt yes, especially if it's 9 people playing mob golf. Not yelling, but I'll walk out there and ask if I can play through or at the least ask them to not tee off on the next hole and wait for me to play through. Granted, when I then shank the drive into a tree, I just pick up the disc and move on to the next hole. lol.. :D

His driving form still looks a little stiff to my eyes. I'm probably wrong, but just seems like he's strong arming it still.:confused:

His plant foot is still open towards the target a lot when he throws

Yep, it certainly is. That hinders accuracy even more so than distance because it causes rounding, when your plant foot is open your hips open early which takes the disc off the straight line your attempting to pull on when you throw. A big strong guy like Brodie can still chuck a disc far and somewhat overpower this, but the shorter golf shots, especially in the woods are made much more difficult.

Brodie's wife is playing in her first disc golf tournament, and is in 1st place after round #1.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47084

Probably a great idea on Brodie's part to get her involved with disc golf and his media channels. I could see a Discraft sponsorship in the near future. Her forehand and putting has very real potential.

Yeah I don't know, I feel like I need to watch this a few more times to really form an opinion.

Brodie's wife is playing in her first disc golf tournament, and is in 1st place after round #1.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/47084

Probably a great idea on Brodie's part to get her involved with disc golf and his media channels. I could see a Discraft sponsorship in the near future. Her forehand and putting has very real potential.

I'm not surprised, she's a natural athlete, and was a professional cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys prior to marrying Brody. You don't get to cheer for the NFL unless you've got some serious physical skills and abilities. Probably dance and cheer in some form her whole life I'd guess.

Brodie blocked me on twitter for asking why he wasn't social distancing or wearing a mask in the video with Paige.

I don't know if life will ever be the same :(

I was involved in a discussion with Brodie and a few of his super fan boys and people being critical of him on Facebook. He came across quite sensitive there also.

1) The Page Pierce backhand tutorial was nice. You are constantly told that you can reach back too far. Page is one of the few people that actually give a point of reference for too far.

2) Brodie is back to screaming these last couple vids. I really like his content, but I can't deal with the screaming.

If it's more than 5 on a card, without a doubt yes, especially if it's 9 people playing mob golf. Not yelling, but I'll walk out there and ask if I can play through or at the least ask them to not tee off on the next hole and wait for me to play through. Granted, when I then shank the drive into a tree, I just pick up the disc and move on to the next hole. lol.. :D

I've been lucky and on my local courses if I'm by myself the larger group always just lets me play through, they always offer it up and of course means I throw a terrible tee shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Brodie's gonna hit 1000 rated before the end of the year assuming he doesn't implode at his next two events. Placed 2nd in his most recent tournament beating out Emerson Keith and G.T. Hancock by 2 strokes. Surprising or overhyped?

Latest posts