• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

What impresses me, and this is taking him at his word and he said it to me like 10 years ago, but he says the only time he has for disc golf is tournament rounds. I'd venture some of the ability to retain the muscle memory comes from the fact that he's been playing since he was a child.

I'll take this time to tell everyone to subscribe to his YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40PKkqvHRV4tYr5VSMl5Lg

Might as well send a letter to Dynamic Discs as well for employees not wearing masks.

https://www.facebook.com/DynamicDiscs

130495570_10164495946985335_8120589355826764759_n.jpg

Is this from some place of butthurt, for daring to be offended by your Brodie??

If not, why are you not writing to DD? Your offense, to ignoring the SIMPLEST of precautions against, the largest global health crisis, in our lives, should be the same as mine.

This is a Brodie thread, Discraft is in MY backyard, they are a company I have supported for nearly three decades.

If this is just butthurt, I hear Eucerin helps.

I did receive a very nice, concerned reply from Discraft.....for the record.

Is this from some place of butthurt, for daring to be offended by your Brodie??....

That was a pretty big reply from just my 16 word comment. I actually was just expecting you to reply with.. "I agree." oh well...

Last edited:
That I totally frickin agree with you. You've been pretty active lately on this forum, sometimes it's good to slow down a bit and let things digest.

Well....my apologies then. Perhaps I am the butthurt one, after an earlier passive aggressive response to the same issue. :eek:

https://www.pdga.com/news/they-said-it-social-media-reacts-brodie-smith-999

People blow my mind. A year ago lots of of fellow disc golfers said it was all for show and he's not any good and ragged on him nonstop. All he's done is get more eyes on our sport that we all love, and work his butt off and become a good player. And people still hating. Get off your imaginary high horses people. Appreciate the hard work he's put in. Dude went from a noob to legit pro in a year. I'm impressed. – Zach Melton

Well....my apologies then. Perhaps I am the butthurt one, after an earlier passive aggressive response to the same issue. :eek:

Certainly no need for an apology.. my stance on masks has been very clear. Wear the fkin things. I absolutely hate the hypocrisy from our leaders in both the entertainment (and sports) and political circles when it comes to these issues.

People have negative comments/feelings about any public figure. Brodie doesn't get a pass on that.

His scores were posted on Facebook and the 2nd comment was "Why the Brodie hate"? That's ridiculous.

Its just that he is so unlikeable and at the same time easy to be jealous of...

Plus, very outspoken about a sport he just started taking seriously..

It is the perfect recipe for haters and fanboys alike..

Its called entertainment.

Brodie...you are annoying AF BUT i wish i made bank off disc golf and had a model for a wife.

He wants all the smoke because that translates to views, which translates to ..pizza? Wait...idk...this post is too long

There's not a pro out there that doesn't have what their fans consider "haters".

Meek mill "there's levels to this sh@t"

Simon, i guarantee ,doesnt have the same polarization as brodie bro.

Some ppl are a lightening rod for this. Bro D is that rod ;)

But at this point... and maybe some experts can weigh in on this, is it realistic to say the guy would be right there with the elites if he took the sport this serious 5-10 years ago?

(Not an expert but have been around this stuff for a long time at this point)

IMO he would certainly be there with the second tier of players if not the "elites" (I am considering elites to mean maybe 5-10 guys). He has plenty of physical talent. Reaching the very top level requires a bit more than that though and there's no real way to ascertain whether someone has it outside of actual competition.

Cale Leiviska was a top athlete in high school (good genes, nephew of Paul Molitor) but didn't have much history with disc sports like Brodie. Cale started sanctioned play in MPO (no sanctioned amateur play). His rating progression starting in May 2004 is similar to Brodie's rating increase in a similar time frame. Cale has never dropped below 1000 after getting to 1002 in Dec 2005 using 50 rated rounds. (We only did rating updates every 2-3 months at that time.)
974 15-May-2004
972 15-Sep-2004
953 15-Dec-2004
968 15-Feb-2005
977 15-May-2005
988 15-Jul-2005
996 15-Sep-2005
1002 15-Dec-2005

Cale Leiviska was a top athlete in high school (good genes, nephew of Paul Molitor) but didn't have much history with disc sports like Brodie. Cale started sanctioned play in MPO (no sanctioned amateur play). His rating progression starting in May 2004 is similar to Brodie's rating increase in a similar time frame. Cale has never dropped below 1000 after getting to 1002 in Dec 2005 using 50 rated rounds. (We only did rating updates every 2-3 months at that time.)
974 15-May-2004
972 15-Sep-2004
953 15-Dec-2004
968 15-Feb-2005
977 15-May-2005
988 15-Jul-2005
996 15-Sep-2005
1002 15-Dec-2005

It pains me to think about how many people are going to have to look up Paul Molitor to figure out who he even was.......

Also didn't know Cale was related. That's pretty neat!

There are approximately 920 PDGA players rated 990 and above. I do believe, to achieve even a second tier status, more than a 1000 rating is needed. The top players have an ability to compete and a mental uniqueness, that gives a skill to do more than throw well, but to live in moment within competition. The vast majority of these 990 rated players are not touring pros, for various reasons. Many, despite being very good disc golfers, would not reach even second tier pros.

We have no idea if Brodie is any different. We are likely to find out in the next couple seasons, but currently he has failed to translate his skill into winning, or even really competing. He has a history of top level Ultimate competition and his disc golf journey is in its infancy, so we shall see.