• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Just passing time, friendo.

I see I hit a nerve through your thin skin.

I grew up with 2 brothers in the midwest without the internet.

Nerves died along time ago, along with my feelings lol

Brody is insufferable and annoying but i hope to see him on a lead card when disc golf isnt playing at its version of a "nascar" course. (Where you just root for the players because disc throwing skills are not showcased).

^^
See...that's how you do it. I want to see Brody succeed while also being realistic. Iam an old head and believe real disc golf is played in the woods, or at least the majority of the holes should be. Anyway...drift thread

p.s. im glad our internet relationship is progressing to "friendo". Maybe we will eventually get to the "olive garden" stage ;)

Brody is insufferable and annoying but i hope to see him on a lead card when disc golf isnt playing at its version of a "nascar" course. (Where you just root for the players because disc throwing skills are not showcased).

^^
See...that's how you do it. I want to see Brody succeed while also being realistic. Iam an old head and believe real disc golf is played in the woods, or at least the majority of the holes should be. Anyway...drift thread

p.s. im glad our internet relationship is progressing to "friendo". Maybe we will eventually get to the "olive garden" stage ;)

Agreed. Friendo. I can't watch a lot of his bro stuff either.

However, I think his game has and continues to advance across the board. Doesn't mean he will be elite at some point, but as of now I don't see him peaking for a while.

^^

He does have a woods game. His FH is quite serviceable and he throws a Meteor BH on some nice lines.

Like i mentioned a few pages back, at Texas States, which is a very wooded course, he was tied for 5th on the back9 of the last round. He was also several cards in front of the leaders, so there were lot's of guys that just played ok that wound up passing him after he stalled out on the last 6 holes. If he had managed to shoot -8 for the round, he would have been in the top10 but like i said, he stalled out on the back and was only -4 for the round.

^^

If it's any consolation, I'm indifferent about your existence as well.

Cheers!

To be playing Disc Golf for the relatively short time he's been committed to it, I don't see how anyone could not be impressed. Even if it's just one round on a wide open course, he's tied with one of if not the best players in the world. Pretty F'ing awesome regardless if you like his personality or not.

I know several folks who have been playing 20 years and couldn't do what he did yesterday.

One thing about the internet, all the F'ing hate. Why not just celebrate other people's success and if not then just move on if you don't have something of value to add vs just trying to bring someone down.

Kudos to the guy for putting himself out there, putting in the work and turning that work in to success. Instead of just talking **** on an online forum.

It's like these boards have become a yelp of the Pros personalities and just too much negativity.

full picture vs silver lining

your perspective sounds like some toxic positivity

It's always interesting to see the discussions in this thread...

I've played with some ex-ultimate players and it's interesting to me that Brodie can be so polarizing. It's also interesting that Brodie seems to have quite a broad base of support (I guess I mean YT viewers, folks buying his products, and general support when I talk with DGers on the course) even though I've never met anyone who is a highly enthusiastic supporter (aka fan-boy).

All that is to say, I think there are a lot of folks who are happy to see him do well, others who don't mind seeing him do well, and a very limited number who would love to see him totally embarrassed in the MPO field. He has too much athletic ability, works too hard, and has a strong enough mental game that I don't think that small last group will ever be satisfied for more than certain isolated rounds.

Brodie is going to have to earn it if he wants to get that USDGC spot today. Only a handful of already qualified players in this field...

Thank you Philo for agreeing with me about Brodie and this course.

Latest posts