• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

what a bagger. :D
Yeah I'm not sure what he's waiting on. I worked a tournament he won last weekend in Open and followed his card for a few holes first round. If I had had half a brain I would have asked him what he was waiting for... he DOES have Am Nationals coming up, but he's also registered for the Am side of the Great Lakes Open at the end of July. I'm wondering if he isn't waiting through next year to play Collegiate Nationals before moving up for good?

Yeah I'm not sure what he's waiting on. I worked a tournament he won last weekend in Open and followed his card for a few holes first round. If I had had half a brain I would have asked him what he was waiting for... he DOES have Am Nationals coming up, but he's also registered for the Am side of the Great Lakes Open at the end of July. I'm wondering if he isn't waiting through next year to play Collegiate Nationals before moving up for good?

It is smart of him to take his time. It looks like he really came into his own last year.

It is smart of him to take his time. It looks like he really came into his own last year.
I agree. I've maintained for a long time that the best decision for an amateur looking for a sponsorship is to stay in the Advanced Division long enough to put up some highlight finishes at major tournaments. You'll get noticed at a far earlier stage doing that than you will by playing in Open and taking beatings. There are benefits to both approaches in terms of tournament skill development through experience, but getting sponsored quicker seems to for sure be the advantage of staying in Advanced a lil longer.

I agree. I've maintained for a long time that the best decision for an amateur looking for a sponsorship is to stay in the Advanced Division long enough to put up some highlight finishes at major tournaments. You'll get noticed at a far earlier stage doing that than you will by playing in Open and taking beatings. There are benefits to both approaches in terms of tournament skill development through experience, but getting sponsored quicker seems to for sure be the advantage of staying in Advanced a lil longer.

Being old(er), I can say that patience is usually a better path.

Unofficially his highest rated round by 2pts but it could always drop a bit when they event goes official...

I wonder what the law of averages has in store for him the next two days, lol.

I wonder what the law of averages has in store for him the next two days, lol.
Some people shoot 3 rounds of 970 and 1 round 1030 and say "As soon as I get all my rounds up to that 1030 range I'll be great!"
Other people shoot 3 rounds of 1030 and 1 round of 970 and say "If I can just clean up that one bad round I'll be great!"

It feels like Brodie is starting to trend toward that second person.

Any way you look at it, he continues to improve. Will be interesting to see how this year ends up for him.

He jumped in to deep waters last year and had to bail out. Doesn't seem to be the case less than a year later.

Brodie can place well at courses where he gets to play Golf with a Frisbee...

...his struggles happen when he plays Disc Golf. The woods separate the good from the great.

To be playing Disc Golf for the relatively short time he's been committed to it, I don't see how anyone could not be impressed. Even if it's just one round on a wide open course, he's tied with one of if not the best players in the world. Pretty F'ing awesome regardless if you like his personality or not.

I know several folks who have been playing 20 years and couldn't do what he did yesterday.

One thing about the internet, all the F'ing hate. Why not just celebrate other people's success and if not then just move on if you don't have something of value to add vs just trying to bring someone down.

Kudos to the guy for putting himself out there, putting in the work and turning that work in to success. Instead of just talking **** on an online forum.

It's like these boards have become a yelp of the Pros personalities and just too much negativity.

To be playing Disc Golf for the relatively short time he's been committed to it, I don't see how anyone could not be impressed. Even if it's just one round on a wide open course, he's tied with one of if not the best players in the world. Pretty F'ing awesome regardless if you like his personality or not.

I know several folks who have been playing 20 years and couldn't do what he did yesterday.

One thing about the internet, all the F'ing hate. Why not just celebrate other people's success and if not then just move on if you don't have something of value to add vs just trying to bring someone down.

Kudos to the guy for putting himself out there, putting in the work and turning that work in to success. Instead of just talking **** on an online forum.

It's like these boards have become a yelp of the Pros personalities and just too much negativity.
Once again the only people saying the word "hate" seem to be the super fans.

He wants to be noticed, that's his job and how he makes more money. No one ever in the history of history has put themselves out there and NOT had negative, non-positive comments said about them.

If he doesn't want that he can shut all his channels down and sink into obscurity.

I don't hate him as that's too much emotional energy to invest in a stranger. I'm simply indifferent to his existence.

You have had alot of posts in this thread for someone so indifferent of someones existence.

That would be a Hater.

If you dont care...dont post...

It is easy to see the difference between people posting critique with interest, and the ones that just pop in to post useless negative rhetoric over and over while claiming not to care.

Lol post stalking. Did i make that up?

Last edited:
You have had alot of posts in this thread for someone so indifferent of someones existence.

That would be a Hater.

If you dont care...dont post...

It is easy to see the difference between people posting critique with interest, and the ones that just pop in to post useless negative rhetoric over and over while claiming not to care.

Lol post stalking. Did i make that up?

Just passing time, friendo.

I see I hit a nerve through your thin skin.