• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

What's the cash line for DGLO?

Looks like Brodie is gonna come up a bit short of it, but great effort today. Clean finish and he should be in the 1000s for this one. Overall, absent a fire finish, a near 1000 level 3-round event.

I think the cash line was in the 50s...after the first round Brodie was just inside of it when the post-round interviewer asked him how he thought he did and Brodie answered cashing is always good but he would like to do better (paraphrasing).

54 or 56 sticks out, but if he is in the 60s at the end like udsic shows now, yes he missed it.

What's the cash line for DGLO?

Looks like Brodie is gonna come up a bit short of it, but great effort today. Clean finish and he should be in the 1000s for this one. Overall, absent a fire finish, a near 1000 level 3-round event.

Be interesting to see how he does at Idlewild...:D

Nice bird on 18 to finish though.
Seeing Uli throw roller on that one really got me thinking. I never thought of that. I ALWAYS catch the limbs above the line into the pin unless I get very lucky to get through for a 2. I can't get wide enough with the height to carry it across in to the pin.

So strange to pull out individual comparisons. Sure he beat Barsby and Arlinghaus, but he also got smoke by Andrew Kaulk, Jason Hebenheimer, and Phill Dilone.
PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

The Great Philly Dilly has averaged about 1015 over his 3 events/8 rounds this month including DGLO.

Last edited:
So strange to pull out individual comparisons. Sure he beat Barsby and Arlinghaus, but he also got smoke by Andrew Kaulk, Jason Hebenheimer, and Phill Dilone.

Brodie is a nobody in the disc golf world, who just started playing.

Nothing strange about the two individuals he beat. Arlinghaus is a very solid player, and Barsby is a world champ. Jeremy Koling only beat Brodie by 1 stroke.

This was Barsby's worst tournament (by rating) since 2016 Worlds, 4 years ago. So, sure, when you're a good player and you throw a historically bad tournament, then other players will beat you.

Comparing individuals to each other in golf is kind of weird. Sometimes you beat other people, sometimes they beat themselves.

In every single tournament you can find a player or two who are playing abnormally poorly. If you base your skill based on who you beat when they're having a bad day, then you're gonna have a very skewed perception of your abilities.

Comparing individuals to each other in golf is kind of weird. Sometimes you beat other people, sometimes they beat themselves.

I'm comparing an individual who just started playing last year and competing this year, to three well known players who have been playing for years, and one of them is a world champ.

Brodie beat Arlinghaus, and Barsby, and placed one stroke behind Koling. That's pretty good for a guy new to disc golf and tournament play, IMO.

FWIW, Toboggan is a tough course.