• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Does Bogey have any signature discs or swag like shirts and hats that I could buy? I don't know what it is, I just want to follow his career now.

Does Bogey have any signature discs or swag like shirts and hats that I could buy? I don't know what it is, I just want to follow his career now.

I'm sure that Bogey could work something up for you! :)

For Brodie I'd check out Foundation Disc Golf, Discraft's site, or Brodie's YT channel.

So if one of the players on a card isn't top rated, do you turn away every shot to avoid potential contamination of the senses?
My young son & I are playing our club's handicap league (we are a doubles team, each playing singles). We played against a team one night where the B-player (his opponent) had poor form. On the drive home he told me that every time his opponent started to throw he would close his eyes and open them only when he thought the throw was nearly over because he didn't want to see it. Lol

Feels like 5 down is a good realistic target for him, but I could see him either getting hot or throwing a lot of OB.

Brodie's technique on his more powerful shots is coming along nicely. He barely looks like a noob now, he looks like a real player. Impressive.

Surely there needs to be plenty more money in it yet before this is a thing?

Coming over from Ultimate (where there isn't much money to be made) and coming over from something which has an enormous potential upside (NFL or MLB) is quite a different prospect. Outside of KJ, who was a serious athlete in one of those big money US sports that's made the switch?

Wouldn't call him a top pro, but the Sheldon guy that was just on CCDG card, bombing 80+ mph FHs was a minor league pitcher (or high end college?) I thought Ian said.

Surely there needs to be plenty more money in it yet before this is a thing?

Coming over from Ultimate (where there isn't much money to be made) and coming over from something which has an enormous potential upside (NFL or MLB) is quite a different prospect. Outside of KJ, who was a serious athlete in one of those big money US sports that's made the switch?

Wouldn't call him a top pro, but the Sheldon guy that was just on CCDG card, bombing 80+ mph FHs was a minor league pitcher (or high end college?) I thought Ian said.
I don't know about a switch per say. KJUSA has been playing disc golf since early teens.

Same with McBeth who said he was serious about baseball.

Not sure Sheldon was in minors, but college for sure.

Wiggin's waited to turn pro in disc golf for some time because he wanted to play college baseball.

I think Pat Brown and Nikko were avid skateboarders.

Ben Askren from MMA

Brodie needs to get with Austin Hannum and discuss forehand technique. They are both pretty wristy but Brodie is way too nose up. The biggest flaw in his game seems to be distance forehand.
Everything else is average to good. I really like his simple step putt.

Brodie needs to get with Austin Hannum and discuss forehand technique. They are both pretty wristy but Brodie is way too nose up. The biggest flaw in his game seems to be distance forehand.

Hopefully his performance on Idlewild 15 shows him this is true.

I think he knows that he throws nose-up.
Bad habit from Ultimate days.
Ultimate lids are so understable that they throw them nose-up to gain stability and distance.
Believe he is working on it.
Repetitions...

He talked about it during the podcast last week but you could tell he did a lot of FH practice between DGLO and Idlewild. He still had a few bad ones, including that one that slipped right out of his hand on 15 in round 3.

Latest posts