• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

He doesn't need a disc golf career? The ultimate thing is long past; he gave up golf because he would never be relevant; now this is his latest attempt at generating income. He's in his 30's, what else would he be doing that would generate income? What sponsorships would he have without disc golf? If he didn't need disc golf why go down the path? If he was so big to start with, why would be need to ride the coattails of mcbeth to get into the game? Would anyone even know he's playing disc golf if he wasn't attached to mcbeth? Would he be part of foundation disc golf is he wasn't associated with mcbeth? He's putting forth an awful lot of effort and money for something he doesn't need. If he's simply doing this because he needs something to do, why does he need constant attention?

what makes you think he even needs to work at all at this point? He's easily a youtube millionaire. Doesn't strike me as stupid either, so he probably has investments and lets his money work for him.

Brodie probably hooked up with McBeth to get top level exposure for himself, in exchange teaching McBeth about what makes a successful youtube channel. It's a symbiotic relationship at worst. They are also co-investors in Foundation, so it's most likely just a business partnership.

Why wouldn't someone like Brodie leverage his social media presence to make a secondary career out of combining 2 things he already loves (golf and frisbees)? I'd be lying saying that I wouldn't do the same thing if I could. And I'd for sure be targeting making friends out of the top companies and players in the game in order to produce content for my primary youtube career.

Last edited:
rumor is Brodie just moved to the lynchburg area from dallas.

so maybe seeing more of them in the future together.

Now that is funny. Mcbeth distanced himself from brodie as quickly as he could, you rarely if ever see them together today. And I would bet brodie/mcbeth was put together by discraft more than anything, if brodie wasn't attached to discraft through ultrastar's it likely wouldn't have occurred.

It's crazy how jaded people are by that 2M youtube subscriber number, that number was flat for quite some time hence him trying dg to revive his following. Even 10% of the those subscriber's were still actively following brodie as you say, why isn't mcbeth way over 100k subscriber's at this point? Why does foundation disc golf only have around 50k subscriber's? The answer is because the majority of the people that followed brodie moved on many years ago, they got tired of the trick shot videos and there was nothing beyond that. He got so desperate for views he started parading his wife around in his videos wearing next to nothing.

Do the math... foundation has 56,400 right now, brodie has 2.2M. Even if every subscriber they had came to them because of brodie it's still only 2.5% of brodie's fan base. Brodie own's a piece of foundation, so where are all his loyal follower's?

Where'd you hear that?

not necessarily confirmation on lynchburg, but
1iuE3pL.png

In a video a couple months ago he was asking for feedback about cities with strong disc golf scenes where you could play year round. I want to remember him also saying it needed to be a family friendly area.

I'd think the Dallas area would check those boxes but maybe wanting something with more moderate temps year round?

Bedford VA (pop. 6562- near Lynchburg) is rapidly becoming a hotbed. The parks department is fully bought in on becoming a disc golf destination and they have Paul on board. New London is no joke. They will be hosting big events in the not so distant future.

Southwest VA in general has boomed. You can go to what amounts to a monthly in that area in the winter and see lead cards looking like DGPT events with Paul, James, and Dickerson all living within reasonable proximity.

Southwest VA in general has boomed. You can go to what amounts to a monthly in that area in the winter and see lead cards looking like DGPT events with Paul, James, and Dickerson all living within reasonable proximity.
The Appalachian Mountains between NC and PA should be the best disc golf destination in the world. *Should* be.

In a video a couple months ago he was asking for feedback about cities with strong disc golf scenes where you could play year round. I want to remember him also saying it needed to be a family friendly area.

I'd think the Dallas area would check those boxes but maybe wanting something with more moderate temps year round?

You can play in the Dallas area this time of year. Just have to be an early riser. But tournaments are out for me. Some people can hack it though. Must be nice. Winter we get lots of 70 degree days.

That's kind of a bummer. Many local players were hoping Brodie's name recognition would be a big help with proposing new courses in the area. I had spoken with Houck about how to approach him about it once the tour had ended...

Thanks guys/gals. I lived in Lynchburg for 15 years. I recently moved and still visit frequently. I can confirm what Biscoe is saying; Bedford P&R is building courses as fast as Paul can design them (which admittedly isn't super fast as Paul is kinda busy). Interesting to hear that Brodie might be moving there soon. I've bumped into Paul on courses a couple of times. If I bump into Brodie I'll be sure to make all of the grievances on here known. :p

Dallas is also much more expensive.

If he sold his current place, he could purchase a similar house in VA and probably have money leftover.

Dallas is also much more expensive.

If he sold his current place, he could purchase a similar house in VA and probably have money leftover.

Depends where in VA, of course. Lynchburg area should be cheaper than Dallas, but the Tex-Mex food probably isn't as good.

Northern VA is crazy expensive, probably way higher on average than Dallas.

Depends where in VA, of course. Lynchburg area should be cheaper than Dallas, but the Tex-Mex food probably isn't as good.

Northern VA is crazy expensive, probably way higher on average than Dallas.

Most of our Tex-Mex isn't that good either!

I had some really great Mexican food at a place in Dothan Alabama. Owned by Mexican immigrants, barely spoke English. It was a repurposed KFC.

Just got to know where to look.