• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BS review of Black Falls DGCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about??? I started this thread because most of the information in the review was not correct and people seemed to think it was by giving it a thumbs up. Since then I have gotten numerous phone calls regarding the conditions of the course! I figured posting a thread would reach more people.

Lay off man! Go play a round.
Most of the people on the review clearly did NOT find it helpful.

- Unfortunately, there is a lot of undergrowth making it easy to lose a disc even on the short holes.

- Fairways are cluttered and overgrown. There is no good footing anywhere, and a well thrown disc can still be ruined by random debris.
After looking at the course pics, I wonder if the reviewer is used to playing on grassy park style courses. It is impossible to keep a course like this completely free of debris and undergrowth. This isn't a slight at you JB, it would be a 24/7 job to go around and pick up every stick, and remove every weed. Also, maybe he played it at the back end of the mowing cycle. I can see where that might put someone off if they're not used to that kind of golf. Since i'm guessing JB doesn't have a crew of landscape/mowing people at his disposal, it is unrealistic to just show up a woody private course and expect it to be perfect. Judging from those pics, this course is more or less in the same kind of shape I have seen from videos of Harmon Hills, and much the kind of shape Idlewild is in on a given day. If he were to play there multiple times and found things is disarray, then maybe I could see where he was coming from. I think he just had a bad day and was venting frustration. But maybe he should have sat back and took a breath before hitting send.

Last edited:
I own an excavating company and have a 72 " front mount mower. The course gets mowed twice a week during the summer and has grass that is nicer than most ball golf courses. Yes there are bushes and ferns all over the place but not on the fairways or landing zones. You really have to pooch a throw to be looking for a disc.

Hmm... just noticed the date he claimed to play the course. Were you helping out at GMC and maybe didn't have the time to mow that week?

Last edited:
Hmm... just noticed the date he claimed to play the course. Were you helping out at GMC and maybe didn't have the time to mow that week?

Course was in perfect condition and got lots of play that week. I noticed a car a from Maine up at the defunct "Cherry Hill" course. I figured that was him and he played that course thinking it was Black Falls. There are still baskets on Cherry Hill but it is overgrown and basically unplayable.

Course was in perfect condition and got lots of play that week. I noticed a car a from Maine up at the defunct "Cherry Hill" course. I figured that was him and he played that course thinking it was Black Falls. There are still baskets on Cherry Hill but it is overgrown and basically unplayable.

If the same guy gives Cherry Hill 5 discs, you'll have the answer. :D

Cherry Hill did not have two sets of tees and two baskets per hole so he would have to be lying or completely confused.

This seems more likely. He probably just copied or paraphrased some other review or course info about having two tee and baskets and he played the gold layout at Cherry and couldn't tell how the BF silver tees play because they don't exist over at Cherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts