• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building the minimalist bag

Minimialist bag only needs:

Your most trusted Putter

Your most trusted Approach Disc

Your most trusted Mid

Your most trusted Fairway / Driver

Those will vary in mold and manufacturer but that bag will get you around any course or Tournament. (Maybe carry a backup disc or two for the tournament)

It's going to be the disc that I'm throwing the hottest lately.

Turnover- Star Mamba
Fade- Star Wraith
Down the Middle- SS Avenger
Fairway- Star Leopard
Mid- Rocx3
Putter- Pig

If you live somewhere with wind, a minimalist bag gets a bit bigger due to the various stabilities needed.

I'd have a hard time with less than 8 where I live.

RFF Wizard, Nylon Wizard, Star Firebird, Star Orc and maybe my MF Roc3.

What is the Nylon Wizard like? I have it in a bunch of different plastics but I've never seen a Nylon one.

A pretty good approach disc that seems to be able to take a beating.

Minimialist bag only needs:

Your most trusted Putter

Your most trusted Approach Disc

Your most trusted Mid

Your most trusted Fairway / Driver

Those will vary in mold and manufacturer but that bag will get you around any course or Tournament. (Maybe carry a backup disc or two for the tournament)

I was thinking along similar lines but couldn't quite articulate/clarify, so thank you. Around here, that would look like:

1. Stabilizer

2. Entropy

3. Reactor

4. Lift

These get the majority of the work anyway.

I played a couple of good rounds today with:
Yeti Pro Aviar
R-Pro Pig
DX Stingray
Star Eagle-X
Dx Teebird.

Had a blast

I think right now if I went little it would be something like:

Prime Judge /or K3 Hard Reko
Z Zone
Lucid Warrant
Lucid ETruth
Z Undertaker
Lucid Felon
Neo Enigma

Pure
Buzzz
Teebird
Shryke

That's about all i need i guess. We have one course in switzerland where every hole is just a straight shot with OB left and right and that's the bag i bring to this course.

I guess, if I travel and decide not to bring my bag for some reason???

My answer is a putter in my luggage. What putter? It does not matter.

Aviar-X, Roc, Leopard, Teebird, Spark. That was my 2021 bag, and will probably be my 2022 bag as well

Must have:
Legacy Clutch - Putter
DGA Breaker - approach
Innova Teebird - backhand/forehand
Latitude64 River - backhand lots of glide
Innova Sidewinder - forehand distance

i feel like it would create a really polarized response

either they would think your a chump or youre really good and they should watch out

the intimidation factor of just needing 2-4 would be great

I'd probably throw in a Buzzz and an Undertaker just to round out the ranges, but I think I could make nearly every throw with those four discs. Maybe I'll try it and if it works, then I guess I'm not as much of a chump as my tournament record (bad) suggests haha.

I dont REALLY need more than my 5 main discs, but carrying a super US putter and fairway is just too much fun, and that's what it's about right. Still considered a minimalist bag by most i guess.

I've played some of my best rounds with only a Firebird and either a Mortar or Gator. Most of the courses I've played have a majority of the holes around ~325' and closer. Don't need much more to birdie most of those holes.

A slow, medium and fast disc that goes straight
A very OS disc

I´m doing a "3-disc max" tournament tomorrow going with

Nylon Magic
ZFLX Buzzz SS
Grace

If i could take one more disc it would be a 150g CryZtal Flick
And i don´t really like to throw my putting putter so i would bag a Fierce if i could