• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bulk Putters for Practice

micky5752

Anyone know a site that will hook you up with a decent price on bulk putters i.e. 10 or so...for practice with my basket? Partial to the Omega SS or AP. Thanks!

I am a student of the 2 practice putter philosophy. It forces you to take each put seriously, because you have to walk more to take more putts.

So I can totally understand this approach when you're practicing the mental approach to putting and putting better in a tournament. But what if you're trying to DEVELOP your putting stroke...don't you think max reps can help you groove it quicker by building muscle memory and allow you to make small adjustments in quick succession?

Personally, FWIW(I'm not a great putter), I do both. My stroke is not where I want it to be, so I spend some of the time with 10 putters experimenting and trying to reproduce and groove the stroke that I'm aiming for. Around tourney time or the day before doubles..etc, I will do exactly as you guys are suggesting and forget the experimenting, grab 1 putter, and practice making them when they count.

May not be the best methodology, but I feel like I'm improving in both areas.

For those bad at putting the multiple disc theory is what gets you good. For those that are good at putting 1-2 discs is what keeps you good/makes you better. If you've never taken time to really work on a putting stroke multiple discs is the way to do it.

I've been playing for a couple years...but as a weekend warrior... It's all in what works for you... I lifted weights for a long time as a teenager...and I didn't get to my life achievement for max bench by just reppin' twice... It takes the same thing as putting...You get a groove..a feel... I was just in Clearwater, and took a putting lesson, and this fella who taught me gave me some great tips, and as good of a putter as he is... and trust me i saw some ****... He still uses the 10 disc method... So I'll stick with that...

I've been playing for a couple years...but as a weekend warrior... It's all in what works for you... I lifted weights for a long time as a teenager...and I didn't get to my life achievement for max bench by just reppin' twice... It takes the same thing as putting...You get a groove..a feel... I was just in Clearwater, and took a putting lesson, and this fella who taught me gave me some great tips, and as good of a putter as he is... and trust me i saw some ****... He still uses the 10 disc method... So I'll stick with that...

Clearwater? I wonder if it was Discspeed.

If shops stocked 10 wizards of the same plastic and weight, I'd be all over that :D

I need to move to one of the disc golf mecca citys I think.

If I don't like the new Yeti Aviar, I'll be doing a massive manhunt in person for a new stack of Wizards.

i bought 6 aviars and it was the best thing i could do for my putting/approach shots w/ a putter. that and buy a basket.

If shops stocked 10 wizards of the same plastic and weight, I'd be all over that :D

I need to move to one of the disc golf mecca citys I think.

If I don't like the new Yeti Aviar, I'll be doing a massive manhunt in person for a new stack of Wizards.
What do you think of the Wizards...In comparison to the Aviar or Omega if you've thrown one...I have a brand new ION and it's pretty cool...I believe that they all fly very similar to the Aviar.... I was gonna buy a Wiz when I was in Clearwater but opted against it when I played 3 days and started sinkin' them with my Omega... I just believe I need to finally nail down what putter I'm gonna throw, pick one...buy 10 and then start a rotation into my bag...So I have the same weight and feel in my hand....only different tricks in terms of the their flight characteristics due to wear...

The way I use my stack of putters is to throw them away from the basket and walk around and putt them individually, including holing out.

I've never met a Wizard I didn't like. They're all amazing. If I hadn't done some exploration, I would've never discovered how great Mediums are. I even bought mine online.

Last edited:
The way I use my stack of putters is to throw them away from the basket and walk around and putt them individually, including holing out.

I've never met a Wizard I didn't like. They're all amazing. If I hadn't done some exploration, I would've never discovered how great Mediums are. I even bought mine online.

I like to do the same thing. I only have five putters, but I just walk up toss them a good ways from the basket and go.

Latest posts