• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] buzz ss vs meteor

Big Nasty

Birdie Member
so i lost my beat glow buzz in the snow today, :doh: hoping it will turn up in a few days but in the mean time im looking to fill in the slot. i have a meteor laying around that i can throw in, but im also interested in the buzz ss. im prolly going to buy the buzz ss either way and figure it out then but i wanted to see what kind of feed back i would get here. thanks!

i would recommend a new buzzz ss if you're moving from a beat glow buzz. meteor might be too flippy for what you're used to. For me, so far, the buzzz SS has been very similar to a regular buzzz with little to no fade

METEOR for the anny ftw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. love my meteor (in case you couldn't tell)

Glo Buzzzes are on the high end of stability compared to all the rest I believe, but I've never thrown one myself. Unless it was extremely beat you might be better off with an ESP or maybe a cryZtal(think they're less stable?) if you want to get the same flight.
If you want a nice understable Mid, I'd tryout a Fuse.They're great and feel a lot like a buzzz.

Get a Z Buzzz. Don't mess with the meteor, way more understable right out of the box than any buzzz.

meteor is amazing for anything that does more right than a buzzz. and it will fade to flat only at the end. Very sexy flight.

The Buzzz SS will go straight, or turn over slowly. The Meteor has so much turn it's almost freaky. The first time I threw mine I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Watch the second shot on this vid:

The Buzz SS is a neutral disc. The meteor is a true understable disc. Both of the discs can be used for the same job but their stabilities are different.

CHEERS - Koffee

I agree with Koffee. They can both be used for the same job i.e. straight shots. I find that I tend to use the meteor when I need it to go farther under a low ceiling since it seems to have more glide. Also the meteor is best for the turnover IMO. Buzzz ss is better if you need a little bit more stability but not looking for too much hyzer at the end of the flight.

Was scrolling quickly and for a second read this a Buzzz vs Monster… dunno where you would find one but the Monster is hella fun!

In the actual debate, Buzzz has more uses for more throwing styles, but I've never clicked with it. If you have lower power or like to throw floaty mid shots the Meteor is a good bet though.

I have a Barham Tour Series Buzzz SS that I've tried to gel with. Bought a Z Van Dyken Tour Series Meteor afterwards and it's incredibly useful for those floaty mid shots, as Moose33 said. With little experience at the time, that's what I had bought the Barham for.

Latest posts