• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

Has anyone tried pairing the Meteor as an under stable compliment to the Z Buzzz? If so what did you think of the pairing. I was going to try this during the fall but a car accident has me laid up probably until spring.

I did Wasp, Buzzz and Meteor for awhile.

The thing with Meteors is that they are fast for a mid and sneaky long.

They're not going to act that understable unless you're throwing them pretty far.

Then they start overlapping with Fairways.

Z Buzzz/Z Buzzz SS has been my complementary stable and understable mids since 2009. They were made for one another. If you break in a Z Buzzz and a Z Buzzz SS alongside each other, they will do great things together. Out of the box, on the ol' Innova scale, Z Buzzz is a 5, 4, 0, 2. Z Buzzz SS is a 5, 4, -2, 1. What more could ya ask for?

I swear by the buzzz/ buzzz SS combo. However, my under stable compliment is a beat to hell pro d buzzz(pro D's start with the same stability rating as a fresh Z buzzz SS). Powered way down mine flies like a slower/shorter buzzz SS. 80% power thrown flat it just rides an Anny to the ground. Also makes a good roller at full power. I'm planning on looking into getting a couple more to work in, but I'm in the understanding that I could use comets for similar lines. Also, I may eventually get a Z buzzz SS beat in to cover those shots but so far my most used SS doesn't turn at all at low speed. I will likely figure all that out next season though. Any thoughts?

So does anyone know how to determine what Buzzz's are OS and which are not. Ive tried the PLH thing and but it really doesnt apply to Buzzz's. I think it may have to do with the shoulder, where the flippier ones have a more pronounced one and the more stable are flatter. Any info would be great.

Necro bump. Among the many Buzzz-related threads, this one seemed closest to my subject.

I got a Glo Z Buzzz today. Haven't thrown it yet, but I was amazed how strongly it glowed in low light, much less in the dark. Innova discs glow okay, Trilogy discs not all that great (at least my Glow River is that way), but the Buzzz is a'glowing(!).

Hey quick question on stability - Discraft made sparkle Z buzzzes for CFR, and I'm thinking about picking one up.

With Innova, depending on the mold it would seem that MF is > than glow when it comes to stability, or close to it.

Similar with DC? Looking for a very stable buzzz to shorten the gap to a buzzz OS.

Hey quick question on stability - Discraft made sparkle Z buzzzes for CFR, and I'm thinking about picking one up.

With Innova, depending on the mold it would seem that MF is > than glow when it comes to stability, or close to it.

Similar with DC? Looking for a very stable buzzz to shorten the gap to a buzzz OS.

Try a Ti. When I threw Buzzzes, those were consistently the most stable ones I threw. They beat out Glo and even Cryztal for stability. If you can get past some of the terrible colors, the stability is great. I know they have some decent colors now though, like pink that are pretty easy to find.

Rain is preventing me from getting out to throw my Glo Buzzz, but I was told by someone sponsored by Discraft that the Glow Buzzz is more (over)stable than other Buzzzes, including the Ti Buzzz I normally throw.

Rain is preventing me from getting out to throw my Glo Buzzz, but I was told by someone sponsored by Discraft that the Glow Buzzz is more (over)stable than other Buzzzes, including the Ti Buzzz I normally throw.

Maybe if you get the right run of glow that is true. I heard that it was true in the "old days" (like 5+ years ago). Maybe it's true now as well; I don't know the current runs and they've released a bunch more limited edition plastics too. I know that I bought 2 glows maybe 3 years ago, and neither were any more stable than a standard Z. On the other hand, all 4 Ti's I owned were noticeably more stable.

Maybe if you get the right run of glow that is true. I heard that it was true in the "old days" (like 5+ years ago). Maybe it's true now as well; I don't know the current runs and they've released a bunch more limited edition plastics too. I know that I bought 2 glows maybe 3 years ago, and neither were any more stable than a standard Z. On the other hand, all 4 Ti's I owned were noticeably more stable.

If the weather gives me a chance, I'll make some comparison throws at the range this weekend and report back. Limited and anecdotal, but it'll be something (and I have fun throwing discs).