• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Calling all Georgia throwers

jsemales

Good Morning Everyone,

I recently got stationed in Macon, GA and my wife is stationed at Fort Stewart. I've been looking for some people who are interested in throwing a few rounds and exploring some new courses. In the Macon area I've played Claystone, Rozar, and Bowden. In the Savannah area I've played Tom Triplett and I'm looking to play the Sarge this weekend (22-23 OCT). I'm interested in exploring some more of the courses around GA and I'm willing to put in a little travel to do so. I love finding new courses. I've been particularly interested in making a trip out to Augusta, and I know that Atlanta has some highly esteemed courses. Also, if ANYONE has a connection to get onto Flyboy Aviation, I would totally make it worth the trip with excellent food, beer, and the charming quality of my company. So feel free to hit me up on here, PM me if you'd like my number to get out and play, or look me up on Facebook.

All the best,
Jason

I'm in Albany, but this weekend I went to Atlanta and played two really nice courses. Hobbs Farm park was probably the best course I've ever played, and I also played at Alexander park in Lawrenceville. Would recommend both of them, with Hobbs farm being the more challenging but better course. There is a tournament in Columbus in a couple weeks (November 19 or 20th if j remember correctly), I've played Flat Rock and it is really nice if you like to bomb discs but still has some technical areas as well. All three of those are very nice. Valdosta has Freedom Park which is a tough course but is pretty nice as well. I travel to play a lot haha

Freedom Park in Valdosta is my home course. It's a great course that is supposedly going to be getting 3 new holes to push it to 23 by the end of 2017.

Flat Rock in Columbus, Little Mulberry in Dacula, Perkerson in ATL, Indian Creek in Rutledge and Hobbs Farm in Carrollton, are all excellent and not too far from Macon. They are some of my favorites. I lived in North Augusta until November of this year, and can say the IDGC, and Langley Pond are amazing pro level courses. The Hippodrome has 40 holes that are fun, and Boyd Pond is an easier course that has some really fun holes. I was playing there several times a week before I left.

Have fun out there, thanks for your service.

Aaron

Late bump here, but I'll be in the ATL area for a week starting Sunday, and my schedule's pretty flexible. PM me if you want to feel better about your game by playing a round with a 700-level golfer.

Latest posts