• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cam Todd Pro Basket Prototype

The Ox

Birdie Member
Cam Todd has a prototype of his CTPro Basket and is seeking help funding the first full set(s) of baskets.

The baskets have an adjustable height function for various skill levels of play.

The CTPro Baskets can also have many additional chains added in multiple configurations.

From Cam Todd : "This basket is a concept I have been developing for 10 plus years. I have taken many top pros' opinions to heart along with my passion for the advancement of the game and come up with what I think will suit everyone. I stongly believe it will change the dynamic of the game and make all shots have an equal significance, knowing the last shot will have to fall in a challenging enough target to make your knees buckle.

The first Disc Golf target and many after were designed to catch a frisbee, which I feel was an accurate match. I am convinced I have found the solution to the evolution of disc technology. "

Cam's new patent pending target design has been sought after by multiple course designers across North America. Donate today to make this a reality and get these baskets installed at a course near you !

CLICK HERE TO DONATE : http://www.gofundme.com/CTProDiscGolf

CHECK OUT CAM'S DISC GOLF ART : http://www.camerontoddart.com

CTProBasket_1.jpg

CTProBasket_2Cams.jpg

it does look awesome.. I wonder why one strand of chain is longer and hanging much lower than the others... even hangs below the bottom of the cage when adjusted to the lower-height position. I want one for backyard practice.

Aside from the angled top that would eat discs, and provide less consistent results from band hits, I like it. I like the idea of it being adjustable, but I think for the sport there needs to be just one standard for all divisions.

The angled top on the prototype will most likely be replaced with a smooth circular band, but funds are needed to further the process so donate today !

Why is height adjustability (ie lower than normal) desirable? Kids? Little people?

I can see higher than normal being good, elevated targets are a challenge and have been used at many tournaments.

*searches unnecessarily for pics of Warwick Davis playing DG*

The height adjustment refers specifically to the main target area opening (where the chains are located). A smaller opening will give professional/advanced players a more difficult putt.

The height adjustment refers specifically to the main target area opening (where the chains are located). A smaller opening will give professional/advanced players a more difficult putt.

Then it makes more sense for the tray to slide up, does it not? Rendering the target to a short height doesn't make it look Professional in my opinion. It makes it look like a kids toy.

The tray is the same height it is now. I would prefer taller as well, but for personal gain, I putt better at eye level.

That said, there will be a lot of 3 putts if the tray was a bit higher, with fly bys on even conservative bids being longer and harder.

Having putted on this basket, I can tell you it is definitely more challenging when lowered and will require players to really hit the center of the basket to make a putt.

Disc golf has gotten too easy for professional players, and in order to elevate the sport to the next level, those players need to be pushed to perform at a higher level.

It might be wise to find out if the PDGA will consider modifying the Tech Standards to approve the basket at the Championship level before spending the money to produce it. The prototype shown might only meet the Basic target standards for approval.

Seems like the goal is to make a more challenging basket. It might be more cost effective to make the smaller version the standard, and not adjustable.

Disc golf has gotten too easy for professional players, and in order to elevate the sport to the next level, those players need to be pushed to perform at a higher level.

This i agree with. I think smaller targets for the NT makes a lot of sense at this point. Lead cards at 40 or 50 odd-number under par just seems crazy. It's competitive between those guys, and that's the point, but it does seem that courses have gotten way too easy for the top guys. Smaller targets seem like a good way to slow down that trend. Good luck with the fund-raising.

I'm not a fan of this smaller basket stuff at all. It will not make the game *that* much more challenging at the NT level. But it will make it MUCH less boring to watch. You will see less putts sunk from 50+ feet, you will also see a DRAMATIC drop off in aces. If the goal is to grow the sport to bigger stages, you MUST ensure there will be BIG moments for the camera to film and to keep the audience entertained.

Better Course design is the way to make the game more challenging and increase the WOW factor of big shots, big putts. Smaller baskets will only make learning the sport that much more difficult for newbies. It's completely counterproductive to the growth of the game.

This is after all, still a game designed to be FUN. I support innovation and it appears to be a nice enough target, its just not something that moves the game forward. If anything, as I have stated above, it moves the game backward.

I like this basket alot . it's def the next step in disc golf. Look at it this way. Think about the easist course you have played, then imagine they replaced all the baskets with these. Turns your 12 under into half that possibly. Def makes the course all-of-a-sudden tougher

I like this basket alot . it's def the next step in disc golf. Look at it this way. Think about the easist course you have played, then imagine they replaced all the baskets with these. Turns your 12 under into half that possibly. Def makes the course all-of-a-sudden tougher

Easy courses are just that... Meant to be easy. You might shoot -12 at the local pitch and putt. A newbie, whom it was designed for by the way, might shoot +9 on a good day.

Challenging courses make Championship level events. Period.

Do they play The Masters at your local municipal golf course? The PGA Championship? US Open?

I think not.

Looking at the drama in tournaments over the last few years I don't think changing size of the baskets will make a difference. If it aint broke, dont fix it. If the game is too easy why are there not more guys at the top. Growing the sport doesn't mean changing the sport.