• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Can you say "Dominator"?

I just got one Champion plastic max weight and it has a very mild dome to it. Havent thrown it yet but I will tomorrow morning and report back!

let me know how it flies and come to the monthly this sat.

I got one of Kansas City wide open stamped blizzard Dominators when they were first released. It is the most consistent distance disc I have. That one is is purple transitional colored. So I got another one, day glo with the Asian Open stamp. It went a little further, even on a bad line.

SO many speed 13 discs...

^^^^^This, I personally hope this is innovas last speed 13 disc. The sad thing is, is that most people who throw speed 13 or 12 should be throwing speed 10 or lower.

I just got a purple 172 factory 2nd Dominator today with my totem pole teebirds. Took it to the field, and fell in love at first throw. I would say it felt like a Nuke SS just a bit more stable. I hope it doesn't break in easily because the stability is perfect for me.

Innova will keep cranking out these discs so long as everybody keeps lining up to buy them thinking it's the next thing that will make their game better. Crafty Innova, crafty.

^^^^^This, I personally hope this is innovas last speed 13 disc. The sad thing is, is that most people who throw speed 13 or 12 should be throwing speed 10 or lower.

I have a couple Nukes with different stabilities, but I throw a buzzz or slower on 90% of my drives.

I just don't get it . I thought four 13 speed discs was a lot... how many are there now from Innova.. 2000?

They still haven't hit 14 speed...

When I started in June, my buddy was raving about the Boss being 13 speed (he stopped playing seriously in 2008 or 9). i was throwing a lot of Ultimate lids in the park at the time, so when I got my first 3 discs, SS Omega, Z Buzzz, and a champ Boss (bad idea), I got all max weight, since that's what I was throwing. I spent the next few months I put away the high speed drivers (except for field practice and multi disc rounds) and started throwing a lot more Fairway Drivers and sub 10 speed discs, like my second driver, a 175 S-OLS. I also picked up some 150 class discs as well as a DX 161g Boss. Now this thing I like! It goes straight and even followed the flight ratings until it started getting a little flippy.

I now know what my ideal disc weight range is, and if they bring this out in low 160 weights, I might give this disc a try, but I may be at my limit of high speed drivers...

oh who am I kidding?

Speed 14 is a gimmick. Innova's speed 13 discs are already at the maximum legal wing width. Other companies speed 14, 15, 25, 99, could all be just as fast or even slower than Innova's speed 13. While other disc specifications can effect speed, none are as drastic as the wing width.

Yeah, kind of amazing how many times I've heard people get excited about a disc cause "it goes to 14." It means absolutely nothing.

So I threw my new champ dominator yesterday and today and let me just say that this thing BOMBS! Flies like a nuke to me. It needs a lil room to flex out and do its thing. I could see myself throwing this buy 450 with time

Am I the only one who could care less if Innova comes out with another high speed disc? Maybe they should come out with one that's as domey as a Kite and a speed 13. If they made it bright orange we could at least use it as a traffic cone.

I will soon find one and try it but I probably won't buy one.

All of the new discs I find are not tagged. I think they arer gifts from DG Karma for returning that CE firebird I rescued from a tree. It had been there 2 or 3 months.

Someone will buy one, not tag it, and lose it just for me. I love my DD2, maybe my wimpy arm will be able to make a dominator sing also. Btw I would like it in light weight if you happen to be in my area and want to lose it for me.

I love Innova, but I'm not a huge fan of their speed 13 stuff. I keep a Boss in the bag but rarely use it...primarily Ive been driving with a Destroyer or Krait...the Krait is an amazing disc...just notched my 4th career ace with it.

I digress. I really want to try a Dominator. Still haven't found any really in depth reviews so I guess Ill have to hit up Fly Green on the 10th and try one myself. There's some lloooooonnnnngggg holes at the CO State Tournament and I'm not confident in my Nuke...

I got a 172g (non-blizz, duh) Dominator a couple of months ago and for my taste it's nothing special. Brand new, thrown flat and high it will fly on a tight s-curve, finishing with a minimal skip. For reference my max D is right at 475. It's not a bad disc, but I guess you could say there are other discs out there that do the same thing (at least for me).

Am I the only one who could care less if Innova comes out with another high speed disc? Maybe they should come out with one that's as domey as a Kite and a speed 13. If they made it bright orange we could at least use it as a traffic cone.

I literally couldn't care less. (It's "couldn't care less")

My hands don't fit well with wide rims. The max width I'm comfortable gripping is about 2.1 cm. So, that's about a "speed 11." (Which means nothing anyway)

I'll never use a "warp speed" driver as long as I live.

Last edited:

Latest posts