• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc Golfers Corner or from Canada eh

Round two coming in now... a mild 70km/hr windstorm... sounds like we might get power for Christmas... good thing I bought a generator....

We just got power back in Maple Bay last night. Also crazy here. Two float homes broke off their moorages at the marina (one with people and pets in it! Thankfully rescued!) and one crashed into the rocks, the other saved. Also a 65' yacht capsized on the rocks. The most tragic of all was that there was a person killed in a tent when a tree fell on it. This was right behind my office in Duncan. Makes the loss of a couple of big trees (missed a tonal by about a foot) on my property seem pretty trivial.

Stay safe out there Mike! We appreciate the work that you and all the Hydro folks are doing right now!

I heard about the tent incident in Duncan. Unbelievable, and so unlucky. Especially around this time of year people are already a bit more stressed out getting ready for the holidays. Having deaths and property damage happening is not fun.

Last nights wind storm was still ripping pretty good through Sidney. All my deck chairs and propane fire pit still flew around. A reminder that Mother Nature don't give a damn!

Yeah man that punch last night knocked down another 7 lines.. There was a Hydro guy that got lost in my backyard he came down from Salmon Arm and was coming out my back driveway at 10pm last night I gave it him a ride down to the end of the road where his buddies were, he was saying we would get power last night but then the trees came down and they'd were at the end of their 16hr shift.. We got power at 4pm today half the island is still out.

One more service repair tomorrow and I'm done for Christmas. I want to play some Disc but I'm too sore, last day off was Sunday two weeks ago. I've played my short practice rounds but haven't made it to "church" in over a month. Good thing it's at my place next week.. Easy money suckers even if I do have to spot them a stroke on my home course.

Last edited:
Yeah man that punch last night knocked down another 7 lines.. There was a Hydro guy that got lost in my backyard he came down from Salmon Arm and was coming out my back driveway at 10pm last night I gave it him a ride down to the end of the road where his buddies were, he was saying we would get power last night but then the trees came down and they'd were at the end of their 16hr shift.. We got power at 4pm today half the island is still out.

One more service repair tomorrow and I'm done for Christmas. I want to play some Disc but I'm too sore, last day off was Sunday two weeks ago. I've played my short practice rounds but haven't made it to "church" in over a month. Good thing it's at my place next week.. Easy money suckers even if I do have to spot them a stroke on my home course.

How did the public course fair? Any significant damage? I'm planning on heading over on the 27th for the day.

How did the public course fair? Any significant damage? I'm planning on heading over on the 27th for the day.

I haven't heard much chatter so I'd guess pretty good, the temporary tent shelter stayed intact... according to Facebook. If you didn't know the clubhouse got torn down as it was a safety hazard. I might get a look today but I'm probably just going to play the old farts nine on the bottom

Wow putting in some serious hours. Sounds like you are ready for a cold brew and some time off / discing. I was curious why the clubhouse got torn down, but that makes total sense now. All that wood was probably rotten and ready to cave in. Plans to make a new one?

Work was crazy leading up to the holidays, and literally on my first day off I've developed a nasty chest cold, I've got a bunch of fresh plastic from Black Friday staring at me I haven't gotten to thrown yet either.. I feel your frustrations!

. All that wood was probably rotten and ready to cave in. Plans to make a new one?

I've got a bunch of fresh plastic from Black Friday staring at me I haven't gotten to thrown yet either.. I feel your frustrations!

Yeah it was dilapidated They should have restructured it rather than a teardown easier to skirt bylaws but I wasn't there that day..

Kicked ass today all my customers or whoever called me has power I gave the Hydro Linesman from Salmon Arm some hotsauce from my guy in Enderby 20km from Salmon Arm.. Gave em almost a litre for working on our **** from my private stash.. Helped em string one so I feel useful.. Haha good guys, tough haul they just snapped in a couple grids 1/2 hr til they quit on another 16hr day I can tell by the power flicks... 5 seconds..

What did you get for black Friday?

Yeah it was dilapidated They should have restructured it rather than a teardown easier to skirt bylaws but I wasn't there that day..

Kicked ass today all my customers or whoever called me has power I gave the Hydro Linesman from Salmon Arm some hotsauce from my guy in Enderby 20km from Salmon Arm.. Gave em almost a litre for working on our **** from my private stash.. Helped em string one so I feel useful.. Haha good guys, tough haul they just snapped in a couple grids 1/2 hr til they quit on another 16hr day I can tell by the power flicks... 5 seconds..

What did you get for black Friday?

Oh man you guys are basically the real life Santa's elves making sure folks get their power back.

I got a stack of Banger GT's in various plastics (including an MJ ESP) and a mystery 10 misprint pack of TI/ESP. Between work, terrible weather, and the holidays I've only managed to get out and throw once in the last 3 weeks. Luckily I'm forcing myself to putt indoors more however!

Haha. Kind of. I just got Grinchy, it's raining like crazy out there and there's a guy that's kind of a pain that I know probably did something goofy that I didn't want to see I haven't been back since I suspected he did something like that so I wouldn't see it. Looks like he needs some help but I'm tired and I just want two days off.. I have a hard time saying no. And I don't want to drag my 160lb 34' Pole ladder out my back finally stopped hurting for the first time in a month.

Get any Ti comets in that box?

How did the rest of your round turn out? Did you bag an ace? Thanks for the 1/2 round!

No aces but more fun was had! Not a great scoring day and I lost a perfectly seasoned Defy (first disc that I have ever lost on that course) but every visit is a good time. Nice to play a few holes with you! That dude from Utah who joined us is going to hit up my course tomorrow. Gotta love the disc golf community!

That same storm that hit Canada hit the Dakotas and Nebraska on the 26th too as well as Minnesota later that same day also hit the lower part again the next day after stopping for 12 hours kind of did a rotation like it was a slow moving hurricane at max speeds of up to 45 mph or 72 kmph.

No aces but more fun was had! Not a great scoring day and I lost a perfectly seasoned Defy (first disc that I have ever lost on that course) but every visit is a good time. Nice to play a few holes with you! That dude from Utah who joined us is going to hit up my course tomorrow. Gotta love the disc golf community!

Which course are you guys playing today? It's a good thing you didn't stay over for some reason when I said Disc at my place I meant Sunday/ today haha... I thought it was Saturday when we hooked up haha.

I'll spread the word today about your lost disc I'm the main guy throwing MVP/AXIOM except two looseys.. I wish I'd seen that throw or that I still had Jake he'd find that thing... Lobo is getting better but he's got another year before he's going to the public course off leash.... Ironically his name in Mexico before we got him was Wolfie.... Hmmmm

No Ti comets in the mystery box! However i did buy 2 when they came out awhile ago into production run. I like them, they are nice and neutral/semi-stable (gummy feel aswell). But i prefer the feel and flight of ESP.

So Duckgolf is coming to Pender Island in April sometime... going to be ball golf course and the main course.. Should be fun...

My neighbours lost a tree last night so I worked on their power all day no disc for me... or paperwork which to be honest is probably how I would have spent the day. Anyone get a round in this weekend?

6jgELz.jpg

https://vgy.me/6jgELz.jpg

Found this in basement..

Oh wow. I'd love to come over for April! Haven't played an actual tournament in basically a year (pender bender doesn't count in my opinion).

I managed to get out and play millstream (local short 18 tonal hole) and then out to marys farm for some big bomber wide open golf. Pretty satisfied, no rain on Saturday either which was a bonus.

That's a beauty old Z surge! Some people would go nuts over that.

Anything special coming along with duck golf? Custom stamped discs I imagine. I still haven't had the pleasure of playing the golf course layout over there... not sure how I feel playing it blind in a tourney.

Yeah that was also an attempt to VGY.me on my new phone... my stash of Surges is all 2007/2008 all 3 haha.. GripEnemy was after one.. Shipping to or from the states licks though.. I pulled out a box of goodies and let the Sunday crowd go through them.. I'm going to try and dump 100 bucks worth online I think. I gotta pay for my 7 plasma Envys haha.. Sold 60 bucks worth so far.

The golf course isn't hard to play blind it's very wide open and what you see is what you get.. I'm not saying it's not challenging, lots of distance to cover that beats me up. I wouldn't hold your breath for stamped discs.. It's going to be a long haul playing singles on the golf course.

There might be some J Mac Rocs left in sexy black. If Brad makes it from FVDG

March 2 in Mission B.C. it's the "Mission Possible" tournament.. Bradness posted it in the FVDGC Facebook page.. I don't know any other details but if someone's interested I'm sure you'd figure it out.

Latest posts